Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Every TRAXXAS fan please READ!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 03:13 AM
QUESTO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Every TRAXXAS fan please READ!!!!!!!!

I always hear someone that want a TRAXXAS kit.
A REVO kit would be awesome.

Now here is the plan.

Every one that read that post and agree with this , please send an EMAIL to TRAXXAS and request a REVO kit!!!!!
Its easy and im sure if a couple of hundred of persons send emails about that , they will concidere it seriously.

PLEASE EMAIL TRAXXAS AT [link]http://[email protected][/link]
Old 01-15-2005, 03:14 AM
QUESTO

Default RE: Every TRAXXAS fan please READ!!!!!!!!

[email protected]
Old 01-15-2005, 03:19 AM
spokman
My Feedback: (2)

I agree a Revo kit would be awesome!
Old 01-15-2005, 10:16 PM
Ken448

Email all you want, Traxxas caters to the 'beginners' and aside from the Revo, they have a relative beginner line. They are not about to change their ways for one truck. Simply put, RTR is where its at in RC right now, Just as years back, the Tamiya Grasshopper or Frog were state of the art kit form models with their included mechanical 3 step speed controllers, etc. And Going to all ball bearings was considered a major upgrade. Want a Revo kit, buy one, take it apart, sell the motor foe 100-125 on Ebay (on a good day) and sell the Radio and opticrap for $10. Now, bag all the parts up, arms in one bag, gears in another, diffs/cases in another... you get the point. Open em all back up, build it USING ONLY 3 TOOLS! Order engine and radio of choice, and tada! Theres the kit form you've been dreaming of...
Old 01-15-2005, 10:51 PM
Nitro Rustler Racer

lol, but traxxas really needs a change, i am kinda tierd of having RTR, i love traxxas trucks, but the RTR crap is getting annoying
Old 01-15-2005, 11:17 PM
sandboy75

Great troll Ken.

If people tell you to change and you dont guess what happens?
The number one example of this is At&t. With a motto of "we dont care, we dont have to, were the phone company" they quiclky saw why they had to care...
Do I think the US govt is going to break up Traxxas? no of course not it was an example. But if you dont catter to your clients your going to feel it.

Email sent.

Edit:
Read kens post.
Old 01-15-2005, 11:32 PM
Nitro Rustler Racer

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ i didnt understand one work of it, but i sent an email
Old 01-16-2005, 07:38 AM
pritch

The simple fact is the majority of Traxxas' customers want RTR. Most are either beginners or not confident/willing enough to build from a kit. Selling as a kit would also mean redefining Traxxas commercial strategy completely, it would be an expensive headache for the marketing men, as a result it's very unlikely to happen.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:54 AM
xtremraptor
My Feedback: (24)

i don't understand why people think they would have to completetly regear their operations for this request.

all that is being asked is that they list/offer a REVO kit.

no marketing scheme is needed. just list it with the rest of their trucks and anywhere they sell their trucks. if people want it they will buy it and if they don't they won't.

i will send an email
Old 01-16-2005, 01:08 PM
Starcraft-IX

Good point on the phone company - Traxxas i showing that they are interested in racing by producing the REVO, but for them to be taken seriously there needs to be a kit. All of the big racing names offer kits (Associated, Losi, Muge, Kyosho...) Does a racer really want to buy the RTR, and then tear out the radio?

My vote: Sell a kit with the engine
Old 01-16-2005, 04:14 PM
mudman257

I dont get why everyone is DYING for a kit? whats the negative side of an rtr? and whats the positive side of a kit?!?!?
Old 01-16-2005, 04:21 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The negative side of an RTR is the included gear. The positive side of a kit is that you get to choose what radio gear and engine you'll use with it. Buying a RTR means you are paying for the crappy radio and engine that comes with it.

The TRX 2.5 and TQ3 are the reasons I bought an LST instead of a Revo.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:54 PM
ZondaC12

hey this subject has me very curious i have had a sportmaxx for a little over 1 year, i find the tq3 radio system to be just fine though i did replace the steering servo with a hitec 645mg and put the 2055 stock one as the throttle/brake servo and got a 5-cell reciever pack. are these what most people's complaints with traxxas' radio systems are? if not what are they? i really dont have anything to compare to lol so thats probably why i think its fine. but what is it? what makes or brakes a radio system that is bad in the traxxas systems. i hear a lot of people like this "JR XS3" i think it is but i googled it and i think it was lots of $$...and i cant see spending that when what i got is fine...though it looks cool and stuff and if i could throw away that much money at will id certianly have it just because of that
Old 01-16-2005, 08:14 PM
ncgrunt

I dont get why everyone is DYING for a kit? whats the negative side of an rtr? and whats the positive side of a kit?!?!?
1. I get experience with the truck, how it goes together and how everything in it works. You're going to have to take it apart sooner or later for cleaning, repairs or something, so it's nice to already have experience with assembly/disassembly.

2. You know that everything is assembled correctly (or can only blame yourself if it's not). On my GT, which was RTR, several of the shocks had internal parts assembled incorrectly, the rear shock tower was held on with the wrong type of screw (I ruined the screws getting them out the first time) and most of the places that needed threadlock didn't have it- just to name the stuff that comes to mind first.

3. If I get a Revo, I'd like to use an OS .18TM in it. I don't want to pay for a 2.5, even though it sounds like a good engine and I could probably sell it for a decent price.

4. By the time I got a Revo, I'd be in the market for a decent radio as well (yes I'm still using the XP2 that came with my GT), so I don't want pay for a TQ3 that's effectively worthless to me.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:34 AM
QUESTO

Here is another idea!!!!!!

If anybody go to some other R/C forum , Start a POst like ive done and put that Traxxas email ----> [email protected]

The more peoples email them the more they will take it seriously!!!!!
Old 01-17-2005, 01:51 AM
jefx

ORIGINAL: ZondaC12

hey this subject has me very curious i have had a sportmaxx for a little over 1 year, i find the tq3 radio system to be just fine though i did replace the steering servo with a hitec 645mg and put the 2055 stock one as the throttle/brake servo and got a 5-cell reciever pack. are these what most people's complaints with traxxas' radio systems are? if not what are they? i really dont have anything to compare to lol so thats probably why i think its fine. but what is it? what makes or brakes a radio system that is bad in the traxxas systems. i hear a lot of people like this "JR XS3" i think it is but i googled it and i think it was lots of $$...and i cant see spending that when what i got is fine...though it looks cool and stuff and if i could throw away that much money at will id certianly have it just because of that

I have a Tmaxx already, and was thinking about buying a Revo when it first came out. The things that kept running through my head were the radio and engine. The TRX 2.5 is just a worthless piece of crap for a monster truck. I already went through that experience with the Tmaxx. I swapped that engine out REAL quick.

The TQ3 is a functional radio, but I certainly don't want two of them. The LST comes standard with the JRXS3, and after owning one..................WOW. How'd I ever live without a good radio? Just being able to set everything from the transmitter instead of having to adjust linkage collars is worth it for me, not to mention the exponential settings, mutiple model memory, and 30 FM frequencies to choose from. A good radio will spoil you, but you don't know what you're missing untill you have one.

If the Revo came NIB without a radio and engine, I would absolutely buy one.
Old 01-17-2005, 02:04 AM
Infinite Gundam

I think posting a kit-request thread on the traxxas forums would be a better idea to get their attention. I sure hope they do not see these rallying emails as spam, or you may get the forums into trouble. Personally kits or RTRs are fine for me.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:05 AM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

I read this post and laugh. Here's a novel idea. (something that I'm doing, actually). Download the REVO parts list. Buy the parts on the parts list. Put the truck together. Simple as that. Personally, I am building a Revo from scratch. I am going with the aftermarket parts so that I don't pay a ton of money for the truck, then go buy the aftermarket stuff as well. How tough is that? I mean, seriously. Instead of whining to Traxxas for a kit... DO IT YOURSELF! They give you all the part numbers and the prices for the parts. It's simple. If you REALLY want a kit and not an RTR... JUST DO IT.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:29 AM
jefx

ORIGINAL: REVOFAMILY

I read this post and laugh. Here's a novel idea. (something that I'm doing, actually). Download the REVO parts list. Buy the parts on the parts list. Put the truck together. Simple as that. Personally, I am building a Revo from scratch. I am going with the aftermarket parts so that I don't pay a ton of money for the truck, then go buy the aftermarket stuff as well. How tough is that? I mean, seriously. Instead of whining to Traxxas for a kit... DO IT YOURSELF! They give you all the part numbers and the prices for the parts. It's simple. If you REALLY want a kit and not an RTR... JUST DO IT.

Or you could just buy something else that comes as a kit, or try to find a rolling chassis on thEbay.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:30 PM
QUESTO

The answer ive got from them......

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your suggestion. I will certainly pass it on to our Marketing manager! We are always happy to receive correspondence from TRAXXAS owners. This input helps us to continually improve our products and services.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:13 PM
Jerry Williams

ORIGINAL: QUESTO

The answer ive got from them......

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your suggestion. I will certainly pass it on to our Marketing manager! We are always happy to receive correspondence from TRAXXAS owners. This input helps us to continually improve our products and services.

That's justa copied email. I probaly wouldn't mind the RADIO .. The Radio with my LST is too complex. But the motor well...Is OK. It's [size=6VERY][/size] hard to tune. This is from a n00b otherwise I have no problem with traxxas ho about a kit?
Old 01-18-2005, 07:14 PM
EMaxxer05

The first "real" R/C I got was the 4x4 Tamiya S10 Stadium truck. I had to put this kit together using an owners manual that was less than informative. I was in 5th grade. After building it, I was thriving for more power. So I purchased a Reedy modified and installed it myself. Then I bought a Lost XXT CR Graphite Plus and built it myself. The directions were much clearer than the Tamiya. I then transferred the Reedy modified into my Losi and raced it a my LHS. My Tamiya then gathered dust. When my Losi bit the dust, it had been discontinued so the parts I needed were IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND!!! Not wanting to have a typical R/C anymore, I wanted one of the monsters. At the time it was the T-maxx or the E-maxx. THAT WAS IT!!! When I purchased the E-maxx, I was very pleased that it came RTR. Sure when I got it I inspected it myself for an hour or two for loose screws etc. Everything was A-ok. My Tamiya was bullet-proof. For the most part so was my Losi, considering I cartwheel'd it off of tabletop jumps at WOT. Now I am very pleased with my Traxxas E-maxx. All three of these companies have given me something to smile about over the years. I'm just glad that by building my first 2 R/C kits, I developed an understanding for the hobby. A kit for a beginner is not impossible. Heck I was in 5th grade !!!!
Old 01-19-2005, 07:08 AM
Tony LST05
My Feedback: (1)

Good point. To me, my new Revo and T-maxx's are kits. They just get you started, but it takes skill and $$ to get them just right and you can make them all unique. My custom T-maxx's and Revo end up no less customized (if not more) than a completed Savage SS kit or other MT kit.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:12 PM
Starcraft-IX

I don't know - to me a RTR is like the kid in grade school that couldn't tie his shoes so he had those Velcro strip shoes instead.

Kit makes me feel like it is a hobby more than just a toy
Old 01-19-2005, 07:46 PM
EMaxxer05

Well me having already assembled two other kit cars that 1/2 of the instruction manual was in Jap. I don't feel like a grade-school kid who couldn't tie his shoes. Besides, my E-maxx is bigger/better/faster/and more durable than my 4x4 Tamiya S10 Stadium truck and Losi XXTCR Graphite Plus ever were. Just because I assembled them myself doesn't make them anymore high quality than the Traxxas RTR's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.