Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

T-MAXX Hop-Up's?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 09:37 PM
86RedRocket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-MAXX Hop-Up's?!

I'm considering buying some goods for my t-maxx. I was wondering if anyone has ever used a "big-bore" cold air pipe such as the ones listed on ebay? I'm looking at purchasing one and putting a k&n filter on it if works. I've seen a couple of different pipes avail. also. Does anyone suggest a certain one? I've been told you can get a spool for the differentials. I haven't seen any in person, but I've been told they make them. Last, but not least, I'm considering a full roll cage. What do all of you think? Is there any other mods I should consider that will not compromise reliability and durability? Thanks

I'm on my 6-7 tank and I seem to be having problems getting the truck to start. It takes quite a while sometimes. It's quick to quit running when it does start when you apply the throttle. Sometimes it will not hit 2nd gear until you run it for a min. if it has not been run. It is also bad about dieing when it's up and running for a couple of min.(the quitting is mainly when I run it wide open then let off). All this has started occuring on the 6th tank. I know there needs to be some more tuning, but I was wondering what everyone's thoughts may be. I'm still running the orig. glow plug also. I'm not sure if that may be a culprit too. Thanks
Old 02-20-2005, 12:21 AM
Dr. Krass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: T-MAXX Hop-Up's?!

CAI's for r/c cars are a waste of money IMO... You're better off just getting a high powered engine with a nice exhaust. Same thing for roll cages. The body posts and body take all of the damage when you roll... My engine heads have hardly any scratches at all, and I've probably rolled 100x. Don't waste your money, unless you just want it to look cool, then by all means go ahead. Just my opinion.