Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

YES-- Im a newb!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 08:50 PM
Revo Drew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YES-- Im a newb!!!

I have my first gas truck on the way!!! FINALLY!! Anyways, What actual motor upgrades are woth the money? There is so much out there! Second, what needs to be done to ensure that the truck set up right and ready to roll. Trying not to blow it up the first day. By the way, it is a revo incase that requires some special instructions.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:58 PM
bamaracer0

Default RE: YES-- Im a newb!!!

First off, I hope you have fun with the revo. I know I have fun with mine

She's pretty much ready to go out of the box to do anything you want. Take time and read over the manual throughly. Be sure to use the after run procedure(it talks about this in the manual and I believe the DVD.)
Old 03-11-2005, 09:00 PM
Revo Drew

Thanks!
Old 03-11-2005, 10:34 PM
paul5150

yea have fun!

and if you dont want it, SELL TO ME!
Old 03-12-2005, 08:24 AM
Revo Drew

Im about 100% sure I will keep it. lol

Are things like pipes and big block kits really worth the money. Bt the way what does a .23 engine mean. From
what I understand the revo comes with a 2.5, what does all this mean?
Old 03-12-2005, 09:01 AM
DebianDog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Leave it alone! Play with it, as is, and and leave it alone for a while. Learn how to drive, tune, and fix it. When something breaks (and it will) replace it with something better. But remember if you go all aluminum and titanium "something has to break or bend somewhere" if you hit it hard enough. I am a believer of leaving a few plastic parts in key areas so "something cheap breaks". I would rather break an easy to replace A-Arm than a hard to get at bulkhead.

That thing does not need another motor (.23 is a motor size BTW - 2.5 is the version of the motor [link=http://www.traxxas.com/products/nitro/trx25/trx_trx25.htm]specs here[/link]) If you upgrade the motor you will most likely have to upgrade the drivetrain and transmission.

When you decide if the truck is going to be a show/race/jump truck then you would either:
- Get the "bling"
- Lighten her up and tweak the suspension
- Make the thing a rolling "tank" with springs

Just keep reading...
Old 03-12-2005, 09:08 AM
Revo Drew

Thanks DEbianDog!!!!

So from what I understand dont upgrade the performance part until I have a thourough understanding of tuning, driving ECT....

Now for protecting the investment, bumpers and servo covers, needed or not?!

Andrew
Old 03-12-2005, 09:10 AM
Revo Drew

Forgot about this one---

I have read that the radio that comes with the truck is pretty much a hunk of garbage

True or not true, if so what would be the best replacement?
Old 03-12-2005, 11:52 AM
DebianDog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So from what I understand dont upgrade the performance part until I have a thourough understanding of tuning, driving ECT....
EXACTLY. I wish I would have waited and understood more myself before modding. Just trying to save you the same pain

Well if have the $$$ get a new radio! I have no idea which one is best but one that will run all of the cars you will eventually own. I still have the "stocker" radios, so I have no suggestions there. I sure your LHS will be glad to help your out there.

YES IT IS a good idea to "protect the investment". You already have a roll bar so new bumpers, servo covers, etc.

If you LOOKING to buy stuff. You could get:
- New springs trying different tensions that suit your driving
- Different rims and tires
- put new stronger servos in (should come with the new radio)
- Another Revo. So you always have one on the road (The Revo will not be losing value anytime soon.) I cannot tell you how much it has helped me sometimes to have two (2) of the exact same cars (and parts) around! Especially if I forget how exactly I took something complicated apart and forgot how it looked "together".

Now order your stuff and get driving!
Old 03-13-2005, 02:33 AM
Revo Drew

Alright, got some bumpers and fuel tank cover and a cooling head. What else is needed to make it run right and be protected?
Old 03-13-2005, 11:06 AM
Twan

I'm a newbi to just signed on today.I'v had a emaxx for almost a year now though.