Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

s maxx motor problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 08:08 PM
s maxx
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default s maxx motor problems

alright since i got the truck it been a money whole first got it out to break it in hit a mailbox doin maybe 10 broke the top a-arm then the spur gear goes and i was do the stop and go thing nothing extreme now 6 tanks later the motor runs really really good then once it gets up to it temp i will gun it and it stalls just stalls so at first i thought it was to lean but there was a little smoke their so i richened it quite abit where you could see alot of fuel coming out of the stinger but everytime it get to temp it stalls please tell me what to do i don't have the money for a new motor [:@]
Old 03-19-2005, 02:29 AM
hellya

Default RE: s maxx motor problems

Bro if you boggin out when your gunning the motor you might be to rich, lean it out 1/4 turn at a time until the motor will clean out
Old 03-19-2005, 02:31 AM
hellya

Bro if you boggin out when your gunning the motor you might be to rich, lean it out 1/4 turn at a time until the motor will clean out .....also check your glow plug or change it
Old 03-19-2005, 04:47 PM
s maxx

see but the thing if i lean it the least bit it overheats so much that it dies the motor is real werid [:@]
Old 03-19-2005, 05:10 PM
BaSh_2_tHa_mAxX
My Feedback: (1)

Tune it for performance at half tank, because the design of the fuel tank isnt a very good design so when the fuel gets to half tank tune it. When the tank is full your engine will be a bit rich but when it ets to half tank it will kick in.
Old 03-19-2005, 08:32 PM
s maxx

i have heard that alot is that ofna tank really good for the maxx i have heard it much better
Old 03-19-2005, 09:28 PM
BaSh_2_tHa_mAxX
My Feedback: (1)

Yep. There is almost always talk in the traxxas forum about the ofna tank. does require some mods but from what i can tell it is well worth it.