Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

The OFFICIAL Electronic Speed Control Story Page!

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

The OFFICIAL Electronic Speed Control Story Page!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 10:49 PM
E-maxx0976

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The OFFICIAL Electronic Speed Control Story Page!

Ok! I know i have done it... Im certain many of you have done it. IT is the most expensive part of a R/C Truck, and also the Most Delicate, as far as I am concerned. So............ How many times have you done it, if you havn't decided what i am talking about yet... I am talking about frying Electronic Speed Controls! I wanna hear the smokiest, nasty stories around here to make me feel better. I have fried an old E-Maxx VX12(Recalled) and a new E-maxx EVX(not recalled, just a very expensive delayed repair) Both out of my stupidity driving them in the early and late winter. I havn't managed to go longer than 4 months yet. Both were from pretty large puddles, one i thoguht was ice covered and the other i just didn't look before crankin the wheel.

Lets hear any story or tip you might have.

AL, E-maxx-0976

(Lets not hear to many stories about how you should go nitro either! us electric people love our electrics)
Old 03-23-2005, 12:09 AM
camra88

Default RE: The OFFICIAL Electronic Speed Control Story Page!

DAMN STRAIGHT WE LOVE OUR ELECTRICS!!! Just wait till lipos and brushless come down in price... hehehehe

Anyways, i had the old vx-12 too, i got my emaxx right when it first came out. I was driving it in snow, since i couldnt wait for spring time anymore, and puff the magic smoke came out!! Was i surpised!!! Anyways, that nasty smokey stenth would NOT go away no matter what i did. I put that SOB in a zip lock bag (air tight!!!) AND IT STILL STUNK!!! you could smell it thru the bag!!! HOW THE HELL!?!??!?!?! When i put it in the box (still in air-tight zip lock bag) to send it back to traxxas for repair, you could clearly smell it from outside of the box. Disgusting!!!
Old 03-23-2005, 08:59 AM
thumpin15s

ORIGINAL: camra88

DAMN STRAIGHT WE LOVE OUR ELECTRICS!!! Just wait till lipos and brushless come down in price... hehehehe

Anyways, i had the old vx-12 too, i got my emaxx right when it first came out. I was driving it in snow, since i couldnt wait for spring time anymore, and puff the magic smoke came out!! Was i surpised!!! Anyways, that nasty smokey stenth would NOT go away no matter what i did. I put that SOB in a zip lock bag (air tight!!!) AND IT STILL STUNK!!! you could smell it thru the bag!!! HOW THE HELL!?!??!?!?! When i put it in the box (still in air-tight zip lock bag) to send it back to traxxas for repair, you could clearly smell it from outside of the box. Disgusting!!!
well, I was running the new EVX, but same thing. Was running in the snow, POOF! AH GOD SMOKE! ripped the body pins out and snatched the body off, unplugged the batteries. SOMEHOW it still works though. Well, kind of works. Reverse works sometimes, and is VERY touchy, but sometimes I only go forward. Forward is all I need anyways! mine didn't smell though.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:19 PM
E-maxx0976

The Smell of Burning ESC's is Horrid.... there is absoluty nothing to compare it to. But anyways.... I ruined that and a next-to new set of GP 3300's... about 380 dollars retail in damage! I WAS SICK! I have yet to understand why the most delicate part is the most expensive. Do you Tink Traxxas thought of that?

Have fun guys