Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

REVO .26 Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 01:54 AM
JustinWZP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REVO .26 Help

I've made attempts at searching with no luck so far.......can you guys help out?

I have an extra Mach .26 from an LST that I would like to transplant into a Revo and I need to know if it is an easy modification and if I will be able to use the roto start that I use with my LST.

Here's the Mach .26 on my LST just for reference:

If I buy this will it make it a simple drop in project?:

What are the essential things I need to get the Revo running well? What do I need to replace "out of the box." Part numbers would be great if anyone is willing to take the time.

I am used to being at least slightly informed about each RC but I actually don't know anything about the Revo. Anything you could help me out with would be great. I plan for this to be my "backup" truck so I don't want to put too much into it......say $150 worth of extras. I've already got the basics, ie. reciever packs, charger, tools.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-23-2005, 01:16 AM
JustinWZP

Default RE: REVO .26 Help

Anyone here know anything about the REVO or what?
Old 03-23-2005, 06:06 AM
freez

I am running the wasp .26 in my revo , but I am not using that kit , so sorry I cant help
Old 03-23-2005, 11:48 AM
JustinWZP

Are you using a pull start with that motor? I am pretty content on having a roto start of some kind. My biggest question is if I would be able to use my roto start with the Mach .26 once it is installed. I know I can get it to run on the truck but I want to know if I am going to have to pull start it.
Old 03-23-2005, 04:21 PM
freez

sorry man I use a starter box with my engine , I think there are issues with the pull start but not to sure on that
Old 03-23-2005, 08:01 PM
frozen

A pullstart will not work with that mount. Yes that mount will make it a drop in but STARTER/BUMP START ONLY. The only way you can still use a pullstart on the big block is to buy new era's mount that comes with their a arm that has proven to be CRAP.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:52 PM
JustinWZP

I am not interested in using a pull starter. I was wanting to know if you would be able to use a Team Losi Roto Starter with the Mach .26 mounted with the Traxxas big block conversioin kit.

Here's a picture:
Old 03-24-2005, 12:38 PM
JustinWZP

This Traxxas forum is not nearly as helpful as others. Do any of you have a link for another Traxxaas forum or just a Revo specific forum?
Old 03-24-2005, 01:58 PM
Afterburn1
My Feedback: (1)

Sorry we couldn't be of more help. I am going to run a .28 but I haven't even begun the swap yet so I can't be of help. I know therea re conversions out there that come with the mount, roto start of some sort, and all the necessary hardware. I'd check ebay. I believe that is where I have seen most of them.
Old 03-24-2005, 10:56 PM
frozen

By saying pullstart I ment ANYTHING that goes there even though the general thing is a PULLSTART. So your answer is NO. It will not work with that conversion. Now go somewhere else if you wanna be all uptight about getting help.
Old 03-25-2005, 03:38 AM
JustinWZP

Do any of you know of another site where I can find more detailed information?