Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

What oil for a L/S?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 12:58 PM
Xpede

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What oil for a L/S?

Hey guys, what oil should I run in my stampede diff to limit the slip? I want to get good traction for verticle climbing and dune running, but want to be able to turn too. I've noticed ofna makes up to a 10,000 weight but I'm sure this is overkill for a 1/10th scale truck, any suggestions?
Thanks
Old 03-23-2005, 04:39 PM
ratman572

Default RE: What oil for a L/S?

Oil will leak out since it's not a sealed diff.

Either use some grease, or if you are serious about the sand, lock it up with some JB weld.
-That's what a lot of the guys using pede trannys for their crawlers are doing.

The grease is a good compromise if you don't want to lock it up solid.
Old 03-23-2005, 04:41 PM
Oldfatman

The Revo comes with 30,000 so 10,000 sounds a little thin. Most people go to 50,000 wt to give a limited slip type setup.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:56 PM
Xpede

I've already locked it with JB weld. After running it hard for a while I had one of the plastic output yokes stripped to where it doesn't work. I could go to MIP CVDs or steel output yokes but that will just stress other parts possibly causing breakage.
The reason I mentioned the oil was because I've seen people talking about it on here. Someone said to use 300 oil, but I know thats too thin. I could use silicone to seal it. I wonder if that would work?
Old 03-23-2005, 09:34 PM
smitty4
My Feedback: (4)

i used lithium grease. it seems to wrok really good but i put a spool in my emaxx diff.