Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

T-maxx

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 11:05 AM
DefunkT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-maxx

Hoi, i just bought a t-maxx 1.5 it hasnt arrived yet, is coming later today or tomorrow. I am basically just asking if the pro .15 engine is any good? i dont really want much power as its my first vehicle but how aweful is this engine? just moderatly bad? or damn right aweful? i know theres a kit to fit the trx 2.5 into it, but i cant find any UK suppliers online. Or should i just keep my pro .15?

Info on where to get one would be greatly appreiciated!

note: the car is second hand but the pro .15 engine has been replaced (new) recently due to him selling it.
Old 03-24-2005, 11:59 AM
ratman572

Default RE: T-maxx

When you get it, since the engine is new, go through break-in with it.

Run it and try it out. If and when you decide you want more power, skip the 2.5 and get the OS .18 TM. From a cost/performance perspective, the OS is a great choice.

Additional parts you'll need to make it all happen are a throttle bellcrank post and throttle/brake linkage kit for the 2.5 (both items from Traxxas).

You will also need different exhaust, -but you'd need that with a 2.5 conversion as well. The clutch, motor mount, hole-spacing, etc. all interchange.

I say run the pro .15 and see how you like it first, -it's not a bad engine, -just a little dated. It doesn't make gobs of power, but they seem to run just fine (in my opinion). The pro .15 in reality, is not nearly enough power for a MT, but it's certainly good enough to have some fun with.
Old 03-24-2005, 03:52 PM
DefunkT

Ok, thanks for the reply.

I will do that, it will probably seem powerful enough for a few weeks and then i'll get bored of it and upgrade :P.. but I really dont know considering this is my first experience with nitro.
Old 03-24-2005, 04:12 PM
Afterburn1
My Feedback: (1)

Nirto really isn't too much differant than other forms of RC. There are eccentricities to each variance. The thing to remember with nitro is that there are things that you HAVE to do step-by-step, break-in for example, and there are things that you can do to make sure your motor lasts a long time and is powerful it's whole life. As long as you do these things you should be pleased no matter what size motor you have. Example, I have a buddy that has waaaaaaaay too much money and time on his hands. Bought an LST, didn't do break-in right, and doesn't know jack about tuning or maintanence. I broke in a rustler for him and he is more satisfied with the performance of the Rustler than the LST. Doing things properly, and in order, pay off in the long run. I have a revo. I am putting a .28 into it but I am still treating my 2.5R as if it will be in there forever. This is because eventually the .28 will crap out. Or I may get something else that I can upgrade with the 2.5R. Just a few suggestions. I am sure you already know these things. The other thing to consider is that the newer pro .15 are said to have 60% performance increase over the first gen pro .15 I think you'll be alright and it'll actually be something great to start out with.
Old 03-24-2005, 06:04 PM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

The pro .15 isnt that bad of an engine, my dad just put one in his old Stadium truck. A bit underpowered for an MT though.

In my opinion, the 2.5 is even somewhat underpowered for the T-maxx (Low end wise, top end is OK).
Old 03-24-2005, 06:06 PM
DefunkT

where can i get a good break in guide? I know the basics but i was wondering if there is any1 to do it that will help make my engine perform better.
Old 03-24-2005, 07:59 PM
Afterburn1
My Feedback: (1)

Traxxas has specific instructions. Listen to noone but them, they built it lol.

http://www.traxxas.com/support/howto...kingengpro.htm