Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

tmaxx vs revo

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 11:58 PM
trx2.5R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tmaxx vs revo

im just tring to figure out witch one that i want right now im leaning towards the revo because of features but then t maxx is cheaper and every hobby shop has a crazy selection of parts and theyre cheaper so i really dont know witch one
Old 03-25-2005, 12:17 AM
Afterburn1
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: tmaxx vs revo

Everything they found wrong with the maxx they fixed, and called it a revo. Give it time, there will be more parts, more are comin out all the time.
Old 03-25-2005, 01:04 AM
ratman572

Comparing a revo to a maxx isn't really comparing apples to apples.

Most say the revo is a "redesigned" maxx, but I beg to differ.

The revo is a completely different platform sharing very little in design with the maxx.

The fact is, they are very different trucks.

If you like to tweak and customize stuff, then the maxx is a great choice. There are quite a few maxx trucks around here that will make a revo look silly, but they are big dollar rigs, -certainly more than the revo.

Outta the box, the revo is the clear winner, -hands down.

Just my .02
Old 03-25-2005, 01:54 AM
trx2.5R

now what if i threw the team associated bft in the mix with one would win
Old 03-25-2005, 10:22 AM
Afterburn1

All this one comes down to is personal opinion. Ratman will tell you that whatever truck he has is the best, I'll tell you whatever I have is the best, just an example rat. Its what you want and what options you want. No offense intended to you..............................but I hate these threads.
Old 03-25-2005, 11:20 AM
ratman572

ORIGINAL: Afterburn1
ratman will tell you that whatever truck he has is the best, I'll tell you whatever I have is the best, just an example rat. Its what you want and what options you want. No offense intended to you..............................but I hate these threads.
Hey afterburn, -bet ya thought I had a revo by reading my previous thread, -didn't ya?

I have a maxx, but would love to have one of everything, -since there isn't a single "best" truck out there. Your point is very true, and very well taken. You said it the best about just getting what you want, -or what your buddies have (so you always have spare parts!)

And yes, you're right, these threads can get outta control pretty quick!

Take care man.
Old 03-25-2005, 11:34 AM
Afterburn1

yep, you may notice that I created an "official" what's best poll lmao. I hear ya man, I got a revo cuz I got a buddy that has a tmaxx that really really doesn't do any bashing and he is ALWAYS breaking a bulkhead, shock tower, or fuel tank. Another buddy has an LST but I reaaaaaaaaaally didn't like how little get up and go it has. Big engine, big truck lol. Sooooooo, I got the revo, that and I wanted us to all have something differant. I always throw my two cents in on these things because I literally beat the living **** outta my revo. I mean baaaaaaaaaaaad lol. Not one broken part yet. I have bent the pins that hold the rockers in the front just a lil but not enough to make me have to buy new ones yet.

I knew you had a maxx by the way you did the apples and oranges thing about how you cannot compare the two. I understand what you are saying but if you think about the things that are weak in the maxx, the revo excels, transmission in maxx, electronic controlled in the revo, shock towers in the maxx, suspension switched so that there are no shock towers in the revo, bulkheads in the maxx, the revo does not have any. I honestly think that it is fair to say the revo is a second generation tmaxx. I say this because the maxx needs it's credit, it is the most popular MT in history and more than likely always will be, but there were things that needed improvement. They were thought out and improved upon. If you take the technology that was available when the maxx was built and the revo were built or any other truck for that matter, they are all top of the line, they used the most advanced technology of that time. And that is where it becomes unfair to compare a maxx to anything. They were the best in their day. Technology has advanced since then and some people choose to advance their maxx accordingly with the BUTTLOAD of aftermarket parts that are available. Any of the trucks that are out now will be the same way in a few years. Just have to give them a chance to get some users and popularity. I favor the revo because I know what I put it through and I know for a fact that the tmaxx and LST could not handle it the times I drove them. Other people, they may have had better performance from an lst. It all depends on the owner. Say I come over to your house and kick your tmaxx's ass with my revo. Then we sit down and I help you tune your engine, and mess with your suspension, change springs and shock oil. Now you kick my ass, all that means is that I know how to tune and tweak the damn thing better than you. lol Anyway, that is my diarrhea of the keyboard for the day, didn't mean to carry on like that but there it is.
Old 03-25-2005, 05:23 PM
payaso

Everything they found wrong with the maxx they fixed, and called it a revo. Give it time, there will be more parts, more are comin out all the time.

Too funny man.... Bring a Revo down here, and put it up against my low dollar T Maxx so I can spank it.... Oh yeah, bring some diapers too.

silla
Old 03-25-2005, 07:44 PM
Afterburn1

You runnin a stock TMAXX because I already spanked a stock TMAXX, LST, AND RUSTLER. How's that for baby food? Chew on that.
Old 03-25-2005, 08:55 PM
c_thomas01

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!
Old 03-25-2005, 09:31 PM
freez

I own both and I would have to say go with the revo
Old 03-25-2005, 10:29 PM
RenegadeRevo

You want a Revo for around the same price as a T-Maxx? Buy used. You can buy mine... http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemID=86880
Old 03-26-2005, 06:47 PM
payaso

You runnin a stock TMAXX because I already spanked a stock TMAXX, LST, AND RUSTLER. How's that for baby food? Chew on that.

I'm sure you did, but you didn't beat my Maxx..

Yep, you beat a Maxx once, so you must be able to beat every one, no matter the driver huh? Yeah right..

Never said it was stock either.. Said it was low dollar.

I could really care less if you raced a 8 year old driving a top fuel dragster, and won..

My feelings will be hurt when you can say you whipped my truck at the track, and not until then..

You're speaking giberish my man.

silla
Old 03-26-2005, 07:54 PM
Afterburn1

I really wish that we lived near each other, then we could race. Unfortunately we don't.
Old 03-26-2005, 10:31 PM
nicholsm04
My Feedback: (-1)

I have a T-Maxx (Mach .26 conversion)
and a COMPLETELY stock revo.
I have over $800 in my T-Maxx.
and about $500 in my revo.
My Revo whoops my t-maxx's arse any day, in any weather, in any area of driving.
IMO revo is 10x better.
Old 04-12-2006, 06:01 PM
Patrickholowesko

my revo suckss. i got it for the first time like a week ago and it never worked.. really bumbed out and dont kno what to do
Old 04-12-2006, 07:44 PM
revopqrs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol maybe if you asked for help we could get it runnin? dont just say it sucks, obviously you dont know how to make it work... nitro isnt plug and play, you would have the same probs with any nitro motor.. start a thread asking for advise, people will help.

about the revo-tmaxx thing.... whats slayden drive? thats what i thought...
Old 04-12-2006, 08:15 PM
whitesox350z

revo will be faster and better on the track, t maxx is better for bashing and just 'messing around'
i'd go with the maxx b/c my friend's revo breaks everytime he drives it and i don't race
Old 04-12-2006, 08:36 PM
JSRacer

LST2!
Old 04-12-2006, 09:53 PM
Brokethebank

I partly agree with payaso because you race one person with a T-maxx that dose not mean you can kick the poop out of any T-maxx out there. The point you are at right now trx2.5r is were I was a short time ago so I thought I would tell you a little of how its gone for me. Like you I could not make up my mine between the T-MAXX and the REVO But I didn't know I wanted a 3.3 so because of two thing, the 3.3 revo was not out yet and I thought that it would be easier to get parts for the maxx I got the T-MAXX well it turns out that the whole easy to get parts thing I was way off both the new t-maxx (2.5r & 3.3) have a lot of changes to them so many that there are very few parts that have not changed! Well to make a long story short parts are really hard to get right now and hop-up parts well until company's start making them
most will have to be modified to make them work at all. At this point I love my maxx but part of me wish that I had waited for the 3.3 Revo
as a Friend has a 2.5 Revo and it handles a Little better but my 3.3 will smoke it in a drag race ( both are almost stock and we both have about the same driving skills) and the fact that not even RPM a-arms will fit without grinding a notch out of them top and bottom has kind of sucked but in the end you have to pick whats best for you and price wise the revo wont be that much more after you upgrade a couple of thing that the Revo comes with and the maxx dose not like RX pack and charger
Old 04-12-2006, 10:11 PM
Revoman77

See i have a revo and a t-maxx to me they are different but both great trucks.You want to jump like all crap get a revo if you want to fly get a t-maxx.Thats what i think.