Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Quick question before I sell...

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 12:31 AM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick question before I sell...

Hey, all... I've decided to sell my wife's Revo.... to get an RB TM323 and other misc. parts for mine. The question is... my wife's Revo is in PERFECT condition... it's never been wrecked... no parts broken... and it has about a half a gallon through it... and broken in perfectly. I will be selling it with the ez-start and battery, RTR truck, radio... the question is... I'm not sure what I should put it up for... I'm thinking $400... any ideas?
Old 03-25-2005, 12:36 AM
BaSh_2_tHa_mAxX

Default RE: Quick question before I sell...

410ish. Seeing how its rtr you might get more that is just a rough estimate.
Old 03-25-2005, 12:35 PM
fastcrash

revofamily, i have found the revo on the internet for 439.00 just last night so your asking price may be a bit high. you will also have to invest in drivelin parts to handle the 323, ratman572 has stated that "it has managed to shred the entire driveline" if you are working on a limited budget, you may want to ask him how much money he has invested into the drivetrain before you buy the engine......just my .02 [8D]
Old 03-25-2005, 12:40 PM
RenegadeRevo

Right on... I've already planned on doing some drivetrain improvements... If I shred my drivetrain... oh well... I'll just buy new parts. I'm not really on a budget... I'm just trying to keep the money in the hobby, you know? I mean, if I can sell my other Revo and get the engine I am looking to buy, why not? I don't use the other Revo... it's been run... MAYBE a half a gallon... never been broken... so, I figure I could get some money out of it... I'm just attempting to get a good price to put it up for, since I don't know how bad these trucks lose value... you know?
Old 03-25-2005, 12:56 PM
fastcrash

i understand , and i guess this is a good way to find out. why not post some pics of the revo in question with her clothes off, i got a friend with money burning a hole in his pocket.
Old 03-25-2005, 12:59 PM
tommythecat
My Feedback: (2)

The second they have fuel put through them they lose significant value. Mainly because there is no way to verify that the previous owner broke them in properly, followed proper after run maintenance, filter maintenance and general best practices. It is also impossible to verify the ammount of fuel actually run through them. Basically, most people buying a used nitro should assume that the engine will require a new P/S upon arrival or shortly there after, and therefore will not be willing to pay much more than the lowest price they can find for a NIB-the cost of a P/S and connecting rod set. I would honestly be suprised to see you get much more than:
new revo $440
new piston and sleeve -$60
~$380

You may be able to find a buyer willing to pay more if he trusts that you are being honest about the engines break-in, total use and care.

Then again, if you use ebay and are lucky enough to get guys in a bidding war, you may get $500 out of it, ebay makes people go insane sometimes.

Good luck.

Old 03-25-2005, 03:39 PM
RenegadeRevo

Alrighty... Here's a picture as it sits... I plan on cleaning it up really good... but, here's the pic you asked for!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91481.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	248921  
Old 03-25-2005, 03:45 PM
tommythecat
My Feedback: (2)

Having the grey scraped off of the bumpers like that is going to make people question your "never been wrecked claim". If you want to claim that it has never been wrecked, you probably ought to slap on some new bumpers. If I were to see that picture after hearing your "never wrecked" claim I would immediately assuem that you were lying and most likely lying about the ammount of fuel through the tank as well. I'm nbot tryint to bash you or jump on you abouyt it, as I am not interested in buying a revo anyway. I just want to point out my reaction so that you have an idea of what might be running through the mind of a potential customer.

Good luck.
Old 03-25-2005, 08:05 PM
RenegadeRevo

OK, so the claim of never been wrecked is more... never been SERIOUSLY wrecked. As with most of the "used" Revos... it is ... well, USED... the scrapes on the bumper are from hitting a few things, but... that's what a bumper is for... Anyways, after cleaning it... I took a few more pictures, including a picture of the piston... which should prove my claim about how much fuel, and how it was treated... I have never had to replace any parts, however it has hit a few things (That's what happens with inexperienced drivers...) It is in good condition... and still runs like a champ.
Old 03-25-2005, 08:32 PM
RenegadeRevo

Alright... here it is in all it's glory... Here's what I have to say... IT IS USED... it's been used. It has never been seriously wrecked to the point of having to replace parts, or even fix it. It has about a half gallon in it... it was broken in per Traxxas instructions. It comes with everything needed to run it, except for fuel. It MAY need a new glowplug, but I don't know as the one that is in it worked last time, but I think I flooded the engine, and the glowplug went bad.... it worked, then it didn't. Either way... I will sell it with a battery for the ez-start... but no charger for that battery. Otherwise, the rx charger, Traxxas Radio, ez-start, battery, and truck are included. I have the original box, and most of the original stuff that came with it... here's pictures... so, finally... how much should I ask?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd93446.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	249029   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb89517.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	249030   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88280.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	249031   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12539.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	249032  
Old 03-25-2005, 08:39 PM
SoCal_R3VO

haha you did a few sommersaults with that revo

the rear left corner of the body and front bumper says it all

piston looks liek you ran slightly lean a tad or is that just some AR oil left on it
Old 03-25-2005, 08:52 PM
RenegadeRevo

I have ran it rich most of the time... yes, it has been in the air... and has done a few sommersaults... as a matter of fact, the more I look at it, I realize that it isn't in PERFECT condition... it has been run... it has been used... but never broken. I thought since I didn't have much fuel run through it (I use mine more)... it was in better condition... it still runs strong... all the suspension, and stuff that matters is in good condition.. no cracks, or broken parts... the diffs are still in good condition, same with the tranny. it does have scrapes and scratches... which, after bashing in Arizona, any truck would have... we just call it "Arizona pinstriping" ...
Old 03-25-2005, 10:32 PM
RayRayraycer20

Honest answer...
I would give you 375.00 give or take a few $$
Just bought one brand new off ebay for 435.00. Hobbypeople.net has them for 419.00 right now...unfortunately on backorder...tower has them on backorder as well..which might be in your favor....Good luck!
Old 03-25-2005, 10:34 PM
RenegadeRevo

Honest answer... I would take $375...
Old 03-25-2005, 10:34 PM
nicholsm04
My Feedback: (-1)

Revo family im gonna pm you im interested i want another revo
Old 03-25-2005, 10:36 PM
hotchi1

what do u tthink about pullin the radio and engine and sellin it to me so u will have some extra stuff. i already have a high end radio so i dont need the tq3. i dont need a engine ether cause i got a tz. let me now what u think.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:41 PM
RenegadeRevo

I'd keep the stuff, but I'm more interested in the money... I'm trying to get a RB TM323 ... and the tranny components to go with it... so, I have a bare minimum that I have to get out of it...
Old 03-26-2005, 07:47 AM
stevennh

Hey, anybody who has put a Revo through break-in better have flipped it at least once or they are not having fun yet! I flipped mine a couple of times during break in (those last high speed runs without enough turn around space!).

Steve
Old 03-26-2005, 08:19 AM
hotchi1

well you could sell the engine and radio on ebay cause that engne is going for a pretty good price.
Old 03-26-2005, 09:27 AM
stilllost
My Feedback: (3)

hell i give you $80 for the engineif you make deal with that other guy let me know. i'll pay the shipping
Old 03-26-2005, 10:08 AM
R/C Madman

Think about it the way you would look at buying something used. If you could buy it new for less then $100 more then 9 times out of 10 I am going to buy it new as I think most "smart" shoppers would. You have to have hop-up parts on it or sell it for a little more then half of the new price if you want to sell it right away but, if you are willing to wait it out you will find someone to buy it for more. Buying used R/C is risky business![X(]
Old 03-26-2005, 10:17 AM
RenegadeRevo

I understand and agree. I got so much response within a half hour of posting it that I'm not worried. I believe it's sold, but it's not 100% yet.
Old 03-26-2005, 06:47 PM
BaSh_2_tHa_mAxX

I dont really agree. If its used do your homework ask quiestions get picutres, think of it this way.... If you do your homework then you will get an a+. I gort a t-maxx with an engine and all electronics exxcept reciver and radio with spares for 180 and it was the newer 2.5. That is a bargain i feel
Old 03-27-2005, 04:22 PM
R/C Madman

ORIGINAL: BaSh_2_tHa_mAxX

I dont really agree. If its used do your homework ask quiestions get picutres, think of it this way.... If you do your homework then you will get an a+. I gort a t-maxx with an engine and all electronics exxcept reciver and radio with spares for 180 and it was the newer 2.5. That is a bargain i feel
That is a bargain but, all to often you hear someone buying used R/C parts or whole kits that are nothing like what you see in pics or what the seller is telling you. I am not knocking sellers for wanting to sell there stuff for the most they can get as I have sold many many R/C parts used and new but, my idea of "in perfect shape" may be different the yours.

REVOFAMILY glad you got a buyer right away![8D]

Old 03-27-2005, 04:29 PM
RenegadeRevo

well, I did turn down most of them, and I'm waiting for the other guy to make me an official offer. Maybe it isn't going to sell as fast as I thought... *shrug* oh well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.