Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.
View Poll Results: A poll
TMAXX
15.79%
LST
5.26%
REVO
68.42%
SAVAGE
5.26%
MONSTER GT
5.26%
CEN GENESIS .46
0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Which One Do You Think Is The Best?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 10:30 AM
Afterburn1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which One Do You Think Is The Best?

Ok, seems like every other friggin day we get someone comin in talking about what truck is best, then there is a two page argument that ensues. Rather than having to do all of that over and over again every day, here it is.

Keep your posts clean, no being an ass to someone because you do not like their opinion, they are entitled to it.
Post your results for each particular application, track, bashing, or as tommy says, chasing the neighbors cat.
The poll is to be used for OVERALL opinion or best out of the box.

Some of you may think that participating in this thread is useless because it'll be done again in a week, why not put a little effort into ONE thread and then when the questions arise you can say, look here, much easier and there is a possiblity for this thread to contain a wealth of information. Just takes a little effort from us to get it that way.
Old 03-25-2005, 12:09 PM
tommythecat
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Which One Do You Think Is The Best?

There is no single best truck, they all excel in different applications. If you want to poll on best truck you must be more specific about the intended application. (Racing + track types, Bashing, Jumping, Hill Climbing, Chasing the neighbors cat, trying to crawl down your stairs, running into imovable objects at high speed, fording streams, subterranean exploration etc...)

Old 03-25-2005, 12:23 PM
fastcrash

i wont even vote on this topic, because it IS done every other day. why dont ppl go into the individual forums and make their own decisions based on the info found in there. i have never had to use a which is better thread, find a truck that interests you, and then ask specific questions about it. there is little or no helpful info that is discovered in these poll threads cause everyone just argues for their truck. for instance i was interested in the losi super truck, it had new and innovative features that interested me, but after a thread that asked an important question, and the insight of a trusted rcu member (thanx again matt) i made the decision that best suited me.
Old 03-25-2005, 12:45 PM
Afterburn1

This thread is intended for that purpose. If you have a truck that is good for the track, post your comments about that truck here. If you have a truck that is good for crawling down your stairs, post your comments about that truck. I am just trying to make one spot where people can go to get the information they want rather than have to go to each individual forum and ask questions that get asked every day. I know that it gets old, and the poll is for OVERALL opinion. I know that differant things done to the trucks mean differant results but why not post that here? You could have done that in the time that it took you to say you would not participate in the thread........
Old 03-25-2005, 12:53 PM
fastcrash

going into each individual forum and asking pointed questions about a truck that interest you is the best way to get the answers you need for you truck of interest, like this http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/lst_...2762120/tm.htm
Old 03-25-2005, 12:54 PM
Afterburn1

I voted for the REVO. I pulled it out of the box and broke it in. Was pretty impressed with the way that it handled but not enough. I lowered the body roll to the lower slot in the front and the rear. I also moved the pushrod loacation to the outer location. I changed the suspension to the long travel set, and changed to 100 wt shock oil. I used the appropriate bump steer config as suggested in the manual. I have 3 degress of toe out in the front, 1 degree of toe in in the rear. I filed the stops off of the "crossmember looking thing" that is called a bulkhead on my steering so that I get more throw out of my steering. I have 1.5 degrees of negative camber in the front also.

I get the best results from this setup. I have driven the Losi LST, and TMAXX. I bash on a consistent basis and race recreationally.
Old 03-26-2005, 03:24 AM
Afterburn1

Noone has an opinion?
Old 03-26-2005, 04:01 AM
hellya

ORIGINAL: Afterburn1

Noone has an opinion?
I do FG monster trucks are the best [sm=punching.gif] they kick ass
The truck 2 1/2 ft. long the tires are 8 inches tall
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50930.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	249204   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70412.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	249205  
Old 03-26-2005, 11:22 AM
Afterburn1

What's your favorite model, I'll put it in the poll.