Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

HoW WoUlD i KnOow?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 03:31 PM
tRaXx-aSs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HoW WoUlD i KnOow?

Hey guyz, how can i tell if i have a differential spool in my truck?? the reason im asking this is because i bought the car used a while back and he gave me a huge tool box with a bunch of stuff in it and there happened to be a the package of a spool and there was no spool in there. instead there was a ring gear with the gears inside it for a diff. So how can i tell if there is a spool installed on my truck(t-maxx) and front or rear...

thx a lot
Old 03-26-2005, 04:35 PM
tRaXx-aSs

Default RE: HoW WoUlD i KnOow?

Any body wanna help?
Old 03-26-2005, 04:45 PM
maxximum_overdrive

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey man its pretty easy accually.............pick up the truck and spin on of the back wheels.........if the wheel on the other side of the truck turns the same direction it has a spool, if it turns opposite then it does not have a spool.............another way to check is to hold on of the wheels ond try to turn the other one, if it turns easily and you cannot feel the wheel that you are holding trying to turn in the same direction it does not have a spool.
Old 03-26-2005, 05:51 PM
tRaXx-aSs

Thx For the help! anyway it tried it and both of the rear wheels moved in the same drection. Now im wondering if i should keep it on or should i ditch it and reinstall the actual diff. i plan on doing some racing but i mainly bash on and off-road. Will it affect my handling too?

thx...
Old 03-28-2005, 12:38 AM
dan6362001
My Feedback: (11)

You should ditch it, a spool will hurt handling a bit and if your driving on pavement or any high traction surface your drive shafts from the diff. to the wheels will twist & eventually break.
Old 04-01-2005, 11:28 PM
tRaXx-aSs

I have CVDs so i wouldnt think thats make a prob.

thx btw