Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

my emaxx is not able to do wheelies...anybody know what the problem may be?

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

my emaxx is not able to do wheelies...anybody know what the problem may be?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 06:18 PM
blueb8llz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my emaxx is not able to do wheelies...anybody know what the problem may be?

hey wassup, ive been told by many ppl that their emaxx does wheelies on first gear!! ive never seen my emaxx do a wheelie unless im in reverse and then punch forward. my slipper is not loose, and both motors are working, i have stock rims and tires, and using the 3300 nimh venom packs. anybody got ideas to why my emaxx is not poppin them wheelies?
Old 03-26-2005, 11:47 PM
gotbling

Default RE: my emaxx is not able to do wheelies...anybody know what the problem may be?

This could be of several reason. With a tight slipper and stock gearings you should be able to get some wheelies.
However I had the venom packs you are using and they were not good. I got some GP3300's and my stock E-maxx was a wheelie machine. The venoms ended up frying on me and no longer work at all.
It could be you batterys or the fact that your titants are very warn.
Old 03-27-2005, 12:18 AM
E-maxx0976

Default RE: my emaxx is not able to do wheelies...anybody know what the problem may be?

I would suggest the packs.... my GP3300's with new titans.. awwwwwwww man it is sick! I am going brushless soon, so i will be away from titans! I have not tried venom packs, also.... Reset your speed controller, that has an effect if it is not set-up right to recognize full accelleration. ALSO, Try not to do wheelies by backing up... you will then twist your halfshafts into many pieces! I have done it and now have CVD's!
Old 03-27-2005, 12:22 AM
blueb8llz

nope..not the slipper..its pretty much to the tightest but i turned it back a lil bit. and the pinions to the motor are secure as well. the batts are fully charged...it blinks and makes some beeping noise when its fully charged right? i bought the charger used with no instructions, the tires are glued, im still on stock spur and pinions. i cant even do wheelies on carpet! man i sooo jealous...what can the problem be???
Old 03-27-2005, 12:26 AM
blueb8llz

i did try reseting my esc. i did the basic one touch set up thing. but i wanted to pick profile 3 ..the one where its 75% forward and only 25% reverse..i wonder if this could be my solution..having more power to the forward and reducing the reverse.

hey emaxx0976...have u tried going 7 cells yet? wouldnt that be cheaper than brushless? i know brushless is way better tho. are there better emaxx motors out there than just the plain o titans?
Old 03-27-2005, 12:47 AM
camra88

There is nothing better for the emaxx that are brushed. The trinity monster maxx motors are garbage (and dont argue with me about it, i know more about the emaxx then you can imagine). ill let others argue about this. My used matched 6-cell gp3300's could flip my emaxx over EFFORTLESSLY in both 1st and 2nd gears with a tight slipper, with, are you still reading???? WITH ALMOST DEAD TITAN MOTORS. Your batteries are most likely junk. IN RC YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. PERIOD.

also, tighten your slipper all the way, then back it off 1/16 of a turn. And profile 3 is 100% forward and 25% reverse.
Old 03-27-2005, 02:23 AM
Alteramod

I didnt read what eveyone else has already said .......... mostly just skimmed and seen the bat. issue. GP3300's are great. Another company that I used for racing my xxx-t mf was spc they make great bats. and ive been told to try and spread the word so i though i would now for the first time. They work great.

Another thing that you could do is check your gearing... you may be geared to high and could cause it to bog out a bit. Try gearing down a bit and see if you get more punch off the line.
Old 03-27-2005, 06:48 PM
camra88

speaking of gearing.. my emaxx can still flip over effortlessly with20t pinion, dead titan motors, 6-cell matched GP3300's and a tight slipper clutch. THE BATTERIES ARE THE HEART OF THE EMAXX. Only makes sense you would want your truck to have a strong heart in order to be fast and powerful.
Old 03-27-2005, 10:14 PM
blueb8llz

thanks camra...yea im pretty sure its the batteries then. o btw..imma tighten my slipper too...its not all the way tight. i turned it back like 1/4 of a turn. and when u tighten the slipper the pinions and spur gear turns. do you just hold the pinion gear with your hand. or do you hold it in place with sumthing stronger.
one more thing, does the profile 3 setting make my truck faster going forward since its 100 % forward compared to the one touch setup where i have to press full throttle thing and then press reverse....
Old 03-27-2005, 10:27 PM
blueb8llz

hey camra..do you know what it means by false peaking..some ppl told me to check for false peaks on battery or charger or somthing like that.
Old 03-27-2005, 10:43 PM
hotchi1

it is when your peak charger thinks that the battery hass reached its peak charge and it really has not. this is caused by changing charge amps during charge which causes a voltage spike
Old 03-27-2005, 10:47 PM
blueb8llz

ok i found the solution! i just spoke to the dude that sold me the truck. i asked him if it was able to do wheelies and he said yea. i thought i remembered doing wheelies when i played with it before i bought it. even he said dont you remember doing them. the only thing upgraded was the rpm wider arms and servo. these wont stop it from popping wheelies does it? so it is my charger then. its not charging them to the full capacity or sumthing. cus these are the same battery s when he had it. its prlly that false peak that ppl told me about. i still dont know how to fix that. im using a peak charger too. the prophet plus.

how do i fix the false peak? should i just charge the batteries again even tho the charger says its peaked?
Old 03-27-2005, 10:51 PM
blueb8llz

but i dont change the amps during charging. i keep it at 4 amps.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:32 PM
camra88

if your charger likes to false peak all the time, just keep charging the battery until i gets fairly warm. If the charger says its done charging a dead battery, but the batttery isnt even warm, it has false peaked. my old nicads false peak all the time on my nice duratrax digital intelipeak pulse charger. Aftera few cycles, they stop being a brat and are great. Most likely, if your have cheap batteries, they are used, and your charger keeps false peaking them... get new batteries ASAP... lol

when tightening the slipper clutch, you want to hold the Spur gear (the big black, plastic gear attached to the transmission) with your thumb or forefinger, or both (like i do). Then turn the bolt with the wrenth as hard as you humanly can until it stops. then back it off 1/8 of a turn. 1/8 of a turn is very little, so make sure you're careful to not turn it back out too much.

And the emaxx has alot of power... that thing will wheelie almost no matter what if you have good batteries. even my knock-off jumbo kongs, which add another 5lbs easily onto my emaxx, it will still wheelie like no tommarow, but the driveshafts and diff's break really quick.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:42 PM
blueb8llz

my batteries actually get pretty warm. i always let it cool down before i run it. does your truck flip when you have them kingkongs on?
hey do you know the biggest tires(not 40 series) i can put on my truck and not have it flip. i have the shock put to the lowest settings rightnow and have the stock wheels and tires on my emaxx. i think my truck only has like 2 1/2 inch ground clearance...thats way too lill for a moster truck! i want my truck tall again. but dont like the flips.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:46 PM
blueb8llz

my batteries actually get pretty warm. i always let it cool down before i run it. does your truck flip when you have them kingkongs on?
hey do you know the biggest tires(not 40 series) i can put on my truck and not have it flip. i have the shock put to the lowest settings rightnow and have the stock wheels and tires on my emaxx. i think my truck only has like 2 1/2 inch ground clearance...thats way too lill for a moster truck! i want my truck tall again. but dont like the flips.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:09 PM
camra88

yes my emaxx can flip with those imex jumbo kong knockoffs, it just takes a little more throttle

As far as cornering goes, those big heavy tires will not let my emaxx flip over for anything, no matter what i do, while on the road. its alot of fun, but they are so heavy, that they break everything in the drivetrain. so i dont use them anymore.... when using different size wheels that are bigger then stock, make sure you gear down a little to prevent excess heat from the electronics.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:58 PM
fishycomics

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

friction tabs changed and gears , and spur new a lil tight on the nylon bolt, and 1500 I whellie as well. before nodda. Lol. in 1 of the vids towards the end I do back up just a tab but on pavement watch out rear bumper
Old 03-28-2005, 07:54 PM
blueb8llz

hey fishie..what u mean u changed friction tabs...what gears do u have now. what tight on the nylon belt...dont understand
Old 03-29-2005, 01:43 PM
fishycomics

thank you open the tranny that is held by the two alen key screws. the center spur is a 66 tooth, and the low speed gear , and high spped gear are 16tooth. understand so far...?
now that you see the center spur. you see the nylon hex bolt, and a spring with a bell washer?
inside the bell washer are 5 red clay friction cylinders 9correct name , i do not know) they get placed in the circles on every other hole.. when you tighten them up. that will cause friction to the tranny and other gears, and make the car lurch. Like I said and showed in the vid I d opopp a wheelie on pavement, and gravel, when batt's are freash.

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=IMAG0100
Old 03-29-2005, 02:47 PM
schmism

ok so i got board half way down the posts, so perhaps someone touched on it.

Fully charged is relitive as some people noted. The best way i can think of to veryify, put a volt meter on them. Look at what voltage they are putting out. a standard 6 cell can be something between 7 and 8 volts.

how old are the motors, they could be ready for a rebuild, (new brushes, com turned) even with stock gearing and motors it should wheely.
Old 03-29-2005, 02:49 PM
hotchi1

that thing withthe allen wrench thing is the gear cover not the trannyand i think what u are refuring to as the high and low gears are the pinions and that bell washer thing is the slipper disc.he is talkin about the nut on the slipper clutch i think. the sliper clutch pegs actually reduse friction cause they let it slip on there rather than letting all the kinetic energy go on your drive train part
s. then one your car gets to a certian point it stops slipping and gives u full powerr. tighten your sliper all the way down. then go enjoy your wheelies thenenjoy painting a new body and replacing your body mounts. then loosen your slipper until it slipes slitly under heavy accel. but not so it wines and not so it jerks the front of the truck air born,but mabye 1-2 inches
Old 03-29-2005, 02:54 PM
tndiverdown

Man, this thread is funny. Blind trying to lead the blind........
Old 03-29-2005, 03:29 PM
camra88

ORIGINAL: BL_Force

Man, this thread is funny. Blind trying to lead the blind........
hehehhe
Old 03-29-2005, 05:56 PM
fishycomics

ORIGINAL: hotchi1

that thing withthe allen wrench thing is the gear cover not the trannyand i think what u are refuring to as the high and low gears are the pinions and that bell washer thing is the slipper disc.he is talkin about the nut on the slipper clutch i think. the sliper clutch pegs actually reduse friction cause they let it slip on there rather than letting all the kinetic energy go on your drive train part
s. then one your car gets to a certian point it stops slipping and gives u full powerr. tighten your sliper all the way down. then go enjoy your wheelies thenenjoy painting a new body and replacing your body mounts. then loosen your slipper until it slipes slitly under heavy accel. but not so it wines and not so it jerks the front of the truck air born,but mabye 1-2 inches
yep i was not awake when i wrote my thoughts. but you are right, bloody well right. I'll look into my whining as i need to loosen my slip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.