Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Leak around the head??

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 11:32 AM
Afterburn1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leak around the head??

I have my REVO completely dissassembled due to some bashin. Decided to give the engine some TLC and pulled the head off. One the bottom of the first fin is residue that appears to me to be some type of leak around my head. I never took the head off of this thing at all. Had it a week, I think it came from the factory this way and that is the first time I have been upset about anything with my revo. If you were to take off your header and look inside of it, you would see the same residue that I see on the underside of my fin. Somewhat at a loss. Gonna call traxxas and see what they say. I was wondering what was up, everyone says their revo will do wheelies while mine won't. Guess I found the problem..........................
Old 03-27-2005, 12:31 PM
tmaxx26power
My Feedback: (69)

Default RE: Leak around the head??

I always check to make sure the head bolts are tight before running, Definetly a person needs to check these on new engines-mass production at its finest. If its leaking at the head your losing compression.
Old 03-27-2005, 01:05 PM
Afterburn1

That I am sure of lol, the losing compression. The thing is that when I took the bolts out, damnnnnnnnnnnn, those things were on there. I put it back together I'm going to call traxxas on monday, hopefully it was just a glitch. I plan on racing this saturday...........
Old 03-27-2005, 01:07 PM
fastcrash

i would clean the residue off the head, and then reinstall it . use the same alternating patern as you would to tighten the lugs on a 5 bolt rear. just make sure you seat the head properly, and dont tighten one screw all the way while others are still loose. in other words, tighten each screw a little at a time. then run the truck for a few tanks, and then see if it is still leaking. if it is, it is a manufacturers defect, and im sure traxxas will be very helpful and timely with the repairs....chris
Old 03-27-2005, 01:24 PM
Afterburn1

Yeah, I already got it back together, gonna see what happens.
Old 03-27-2005, 01:52 PM
fastcrash

keep us posted, if you still have a problem, the traxxas ppl are a pleasure to work with. G/L