Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Question for Afterburn1

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 03:43 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for Afterburn1

When you hit the ramp to do your backflip, do you hit second gear? I've noticed that when I hit second gear before hitting the ramp, it takes FOREVER for it to flip... but if I hit it the top of first, I think it throws it into second while in the air... and it flips over VERY nicely. The upside to hitting it in second is ... you are going faster... you fly farther.... or higher (depending on the ramp). I've noticed that if I want to front flip it (hit the brakes) I can actually make it do 2 flips in the air... but I haven't landed a front flip in a while... just some jumping tips... Maybe I'll start a new thread all about tips for jumping!
Old 03-27-2005, 03:45 PM
Afterburn1

Default RE: Question for Afterburn1

I agree with you 100% that extra torque shifting does a lot, that is why I didn't make it around on my last one lol. I am thinking about going to a smaller tooth gear and turning my shift point allllllllllllll the way out so that damn near no matter how fast I'm going I can pull off the backflip. I gotta get video the next time I'm out, you guys are gonna sh*t yourselves when you see this jump I went off of. lol I haven't tried the front flip yet. Going to as soon as I get fixed so that I can break something else again.
Old 03-27-2005, 03:54 PM
RenegadeRevo

I just need to get my video downloaded to my computer... I don't have a video capture device, and my video camera is a hi-8, not a digital!
Old 03-27-2005, 03:56 PM
Afterburn1

You need a video card man? I got a bunch of em, if you have an s-video out on your camcorder you can plug into your video card directly.
Old 03-27-2005, 04:06 PM
RenegadeRevo

I have a voodoo3 3000, with video-out... I have a Voodoo3 3500 that doesn't work... but it has video in! I have a Sony Camcorder with S-Video out... and even if it doesn't have an s-video in... I have a s-video to composite adapter... I just don't have the capture / video-in... my father-in-law has one, but I'm very reluctant to ask him to use it... I can buy one online for $50 or so... usb , etc. I use a laptop for everything now, but I have 5 desktops I could use...