Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Maxx or Revo

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 05:53 PM
skate5290

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maxx or Revo

hey guys

i got a 2.5 t-maxx and i was wondering if it is worth it to upgrade to the revo(better speed, handling, durability) or should i keep the maxx and put a new engine and roll cage, etc...

i would like to hear from you guys how did have a maxx and went for the revo...

thanx
Old 03-27-2005, 06:12 PM
fastcrash

Default RE: Maxx or Revo

if i could have only one mt it would be the revo. no contest. i have the t-maxx, and savage, and i would trade e'm both and a bag of chips for the revo.
Old 03-27-2005, 06:35 PM
skate5290

I noticed u have a .18 tm in your revo...

is the 2.5 still crap??
Old 03-27-2005, 06:40 PM
fastcrash

i thought the 2.5R was an outstanding stock engine. unfortunately, i sucked water in thru the airfilter, and when it started to run like crap, i misdiagnosed the problem, and put the truck aside until i got the replacement part i thought i needed. by the time i realized the actual problem, the cranck, main bearing and case had rusted pretty badly. []
Old 03-27-2005, 06:46 PM
skate5290

ohh, that sux...
why do u like the revo over the maxx ??
dude my maxx has not been able to start latley that is why i am contemplating to get a new one way bearing or an 0s .18 or the new revo..

one more question does that new O.S. have as much power as the 2.5 acceleration and top end wise???
Old 03-27-2005, 07:23 PM
fastcrash

the os 18 makes a huge increase in bottom end power over the 2.5R. however, i think the 2.5R has just as much top end as the os.
Old 03-27-2005, 10:56 PM
nicholsm04
My Feedback: (-1)

Revo is flatout better, im making engine mounts for a mach .26 right now trying to save money.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:48 AM
stilllost
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: fastcrash

if i could have only one mt it would be the revo. no contest. i have the t-maxx, and savage, and i would trade e'm both and a bag of chips for the revo.
what kind of chipps you want i'll even through in a six pack of your favorite ice cold beverage and pay for the shipping

i got a 2.5 t-maxx and i was wondering if it is worth it to upgrade to the revo(better speed, handling, durability) or should i keep the maxx and put a new engine and roll cage, etc...

i would like to hear from you guys how did have a maxx and went for the revo...
well lets see i got them both and i am scabbing parts here and there for the maxx. its been there done that. i like them both but the revo is a work of art. get the revo you wont be disappointed. what i am doing is getting the maxx up and running and i let the neighborhood play with it and i got the revo it pretty fun.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:50 AM
stilllost
My Feedback: (3)

oh yeah forgot i need a stock cb for a 1.5 trx engine if any ones got one they don't want pm me
Old 03-29-2005, 04:35 AM
allen0622

I was going to get a second T-Maxx myself, only because I have soo many extra arms, bulks, and hardware to repair nearly anything. But, I'm seriously considering a Revo, which I'm hoping won't break as many parts so I won't have to stockpile parts for 2 different trucks. I mainly plan to bash. I've heard Savages are pretty tough, but heavy.