Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

REVO or not to REVO ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 05:11 PM
madgti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REVO or not to REVO ?

The revo looks very interesting. I am thinking of buying a monster truck for racing and jumps (beating around) Now i am kind of stuck between the REVO and the HPI Savage 4.6 ?

I know this is a traxxass forum and some opinions will be bias so i will do my best to screen them out
Old 03-29-2005, 05:55 PM
freez

Default RE: REVO or not to REVO ?

go revo
Old 03-29-2005, 06:01 PM
fastcrash

i have both, and i feel the revo is better cause it is a great race platform, and it is also a very durable basher.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:43 PM
fhm101

If you plan to race at all go revo, if you are going to be bashing and are hard on your equipment, the savage is as tough as they come.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:27 PM
c_thomas01

RRRRREEEEEVVVVVVOOOOOOOOOO!
Old 03-29-2005, 08:50 PM
madgti

Can anyone enlighten me why the revo is a better truck for racing and why the Savage SS 4.6 isn't?

I was told the Savage SS 4.6 has more low end power compared to the REVO out of the box but both trucks has nearly the same amount of topend.

Please respond with some facts so it will help me make my decision.

I have looked at both today and MAN I STILL CAN'T DECIDE .. LOL .. .

I guess it falls down to what i use it for.

Which one handle landing from big jumps better?
Which one has more low end?
Which one has more high end?
Which one jumps better?

Thanks for all your responses.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:25 PM
cardriverx

well, the savy will jump better due to the fact that its a very durable truck, and it doesent bottom out easy. The savy will also have more bottom end because its a big block. the revo will have a better top end, and it has a lower center of gravity so it makes a better racer. it all depends on what you want the truck for. or...you could just get both!
Old 03-29-2005, 09:34 PM
fastcrash

actualy the revo is about 3.5 to 4 pounds lighter than the savage, which gives it a better hp/weight ratio, and also makes the handling much more nimble. also the lighter weight means there is less force behind an impact which also maves the revo very durable.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:43 PM
fastcrash

my mistake the revo is 2 pounds lighter than the savage. that is still an enourous amount.
Old 03-30-2005, 12:07 AM
Tony LST05
My Feedback: (1)

I have both (just traded Revo for LST, but want another Revo. I guess I need all three.

We go to a BMX track a lot with 10 to 15 foot jumps and get huge air. I actually can control the savage slightly better in the air and it lands more solid. The savage has more low end torch (SH 28) and is fast as the Revo on top end, but doesn't get their as quick. I love them both (now all three). I just rotate. The Revo breaks a little more, but you can hit a streak of breaking C-Hubs on the savage as well. It boils down to your preference.

I actually have a video of my friend jumping his savage off the back of the track (intentionally) with about 30 ft air, hitting a light pole, falling, and then driving away. This was the weekend before last.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:05 AM
RenegadeRevo

You're going to get a bit of Traxxas bias from this forum, but... I, personally... from what I understand (never have owned a Savage) ... they're pretty equal. I think you will be happy with either decision. I will say... I love my Revo... and I would put it against any other MT...
Old 03-31-2005, 12:02 AM
Savage_Dias

I have both & I'd recommend the Savage over the Revo for anything but racing. Even if you're racing you could do better than the Revo. Savages are way more durable & the big block has a heck of a lot more grunt than the 2.R.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:48 AM
Afterburn1

If you plan on upgrading then it really just depends on what you think looks better and whether you want more adjustability, I have a revo. There are a few parts that I see are weak but upgrading them when I break them so that they don't break again is no problem. I hear good things about the savages but the differant configurations on the revo's suspension outway any benefit the savvy has over the revo. For me.