Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

What weight oil should I use?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 02:11 AM
Jump_till_it_breaks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What weight oil should I use?

I have a T-Maxx and I just purchased Big Bore shocks for it. I was wondering if I should use the heaviest shock oil or if a medium weight oil is the best for jumping. I do not race my T-Maxx, I just go as big as I can, so handling is not of any importance. I also was wondering who makes the stiffest springs available and where I can get them.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:57 AM
Afterburn1
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: What weight oil should I use?

The stiffer the springs the heavier the oil. I use 100 weight in my stock revo.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:55 AM
tndiverdown

Due to the mechanical advantage of the cantilever design, a Revo uses much heavier fluid than a conventional setup.. 100 would be way too heavy. I run 50 in my stock E-maxx with RCTrix 20% stiffer springs from Tower Hobbies. It hardly ever bottoms on the big jumps. It would also be a good idea to put a length of fuel tubing on your shock shaft so it will keep the chassis from totally bottoming out.
Old 03-30-2005, 11:13 AM
itspuddingtime00

I use 60 weight and it is a good balance and gives you good handling and doesn't bottom out on jumps.