Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

XTM 24.7 on Revo...

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 05:22 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XTM 24.7 on Revo...

Has anyone done this? My friend used to have a Mammoth, and he changed the 24.7 out for a Sirio .27 (or something like that)... so, he has an extra 24.7... no mammoth (sold it) and a Revo that he's tired of messing with the 2.5r. Anyone know if it will work, and how easy it would be?
Old 03-30-2005, 07:20 PM
weircc

Default RE: XTM 24.7 on Revo...

im puttin a sh 28 on a big block you have to be carefull because if it has a pull start or roto start you have to buy a different mount this is the one i bought good luck and let me know how it turns out .http://www.neweramodels.com/item.cgi?part_id=2553[/url]
Old 03-30-2005, 07:21 PM
weircc

oops bad typin sorry bout that hope you understand.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:56 AM
Rockzilla

Hey revofamily! You should take a look at the traxxas homepage in the message board there,go to the revo discussion and there you will find more about it! there are some guys there with a Ported SH.28 in the revo [sm=thumbup.gif] I think you will need the Traxxas Big Block conversion for that. I will spend my revo a new engine to,maybe a ported SH.28 I'm not sure yet.
Look here for the engines you can drive with that kit,the WASP .28 will fit without major modifications
http://www.traxxas.com/products/news...k-Addendum.jpg
Old 03-31-2005, 01:19 PM
RenegadeRevo

cool, thanks, I'll let my friend know.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:59 AM
Haulin bass

Hey rockzilla your talking about my revo right?
I would suggest using either the qoncepts conversion or the traxxas one with a werks adjustable clutch.This will alow you to use clutch bells up to20 teeth, so your not flipping all the time.the downside is you will need either a starter box or an airplane style bump starter to start it.I cannot comment on the new era evolution mount because I have never used it, But it does state you can use any pullstart engine with it.Also you going to want a minimum of 18/38 gearing when running a bigblock
Old 04-01-2005, 02:03 AM
RenegadeRevo

Cool. I was just checking... he's just got this engine sitting around, and he wants to use it (tired of tuning the 2.5r) He was considering the OS .18tm, but after I get the TM323, he's going to want something bigger and badder.