Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

revo exhaust headers

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 08:42 PM
itspuddingtime00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default revo exhaust headers

I finally got back out with my revo today, and I got a little too confident and tried a front flip. Lets just say I didn't land it . It cartwheeled about 6 times then started doing end-overs. The body ripped off, and my bumper cracked. The revo was still running like a champ, so I drive around more and notice it is extremely loud. I pull in and see the exhaust header ripped off....again. I was wondering if there is a stronger exhaust header or something, so I don't have to be replacing them. Also one of my steering servos died, so I could get back to bashing, I just took the servo out and the linkages off. It was running alright, though the steering was more sluggish. Can I leave it like this untill I get some money to buy a better servo? or will it harm the existing servo by overloading it.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:04 PM
hotchi1

Default RE: revo exhaust headers

no it wont hurt it cause that servvo is in the maxx trcks for stering and it does not harm it
Old 03-30-2005, 10:37 PM
itspuddingtime00

cool, thanks. Any ideas about the header? It seems to be a weak point for the revo.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:40 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: itspuddingtime00

cool, thanks. Any ideas about the header? It seems to be a weak point for the revo.

I would have to say a weak point for YOUR Revo... I've never had header problems. If ANYTHING is a weak point, it's the shock rods. That's the only thing I've broken that wasn't due to my mistake.
Old 03-30-2005, 11:08 PM
itspuddingtime00

ORIGINAL: REVOFAMILY

ORIGINAL: itspuddingtime00

I would have to say a weak point for YOUR Revo... I've never had header problems. If ANYTHING is a weak point, it's the shock rods. That's the only thing I've broken that wasn't due to my mistake.

yeah I replaced them with the new era aluminum ones within the first week of buying it. The first time I barely tapped the header against a rock and it completely ripped off from the mounts. I had the body off that time, so I could understand it more seeing that it was exposed. This time, the body was on, and I couldn't see how the header got hit. Both times it was right where the header and the mount were joined together. That particular area seems really weak.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:33 PM
khudzik

Hey, had the same problem. Broke 2 headers then decided they're crap and set out to find an aftermarket one. Here's what I found.
[link]http://www.qoncepts.com/RCpages/TraxxasRevo.htm[/link]
Bought that at $30 with shipping, seemed fine but the rubber coupler cracked from the heat after 2 or 3 tanks, had to replace it with a thicker one. The setup runs fine but you can't get a perfect seal on the rubber coupler no matter how tight you make the zip ties so the header becomes quite messy. Then heard some good comments on RDLogics pipes and got this
[link]http://www.rdlogics.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=61520&type=store[/link]
Haven't run it yet, gonna be testing out tomorrow but damn does it look nice!!! Will post an update once I try it out.
Old 06-25-2005, 10:31 PM
mrjerryk

Hfere is an idea that I read on a forum about the qoncepts header. Go to your local Auto Parts dealer get some high heat hose "same as a radiator hose." and get a couple of small clamps for them. Clamp the new hose on and you should be good to go. I am going to try that tomorrow and will let everyone know how this setup works.
Old 06-28-2005, 05:48 PM
mrjerryk

OK I got the hose from Auto Zone, two different sizes "freebie" and some clamps. Brought them home and hooked everything up. It works just fine. The only thing is it's a tight fit and doesn't allow it to bend to much so the exhaust is at an angle. It also looks pretty bad. I decided to go down to the hardware store and get some silicon tube which from what the guy at the hardware store said it's rated to at least 350 degrees. Brought it back home and out that on and it works perfect. I decided to keep the clamps on there and I used some soapy water around the joints and hit the throttle and there are no leaks at all. Even when I put my finger over the exhaust to shut it down.