Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Setup Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 06:04 PM
c_thomas01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Setup Questions

I realize this has probably been beaten to death but Im gonna ask anyhow. My local track isnt built yet but is on its way. I plan on 90% racin and 10% bashin(who can resist throwin it out in the yard and chasin the neighborhood cats). I know there is no miracle setup but what are you guys using thats a good all around.

Heres what I have done: Took the rear shocks put them up front w/the original front springs and 45 wt. oil p2 rockerswith the roll center lowered.

Rear: p2 rockers lower roll center,45 wt oil with the smaller stock piston. stock springs.

My prob,when i come off a small jump goin fairly slow the rear seems to hop over and wants to flip over the front. (this isnt a throttle controll issue) When I come off a BIG jump all is well,comes off nose high and lands on all fours great and doesnt bottom out(about a 5 foot drop) I have no issues w/the front its perfect for me. Im not one of those who tunes for every track condition just lookin for a happy medium. Sorry for the book. any input appreciated Thanks
Old 03-31-2005, 09:44 PM
Afterburn1
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Setup Questions

this is the setting that I use and I'm tellin ya, I've been through them all. Seriously. I use the lower roll center position in both front and back, I use the lower slot for the pushrods, on the a-arms, I use the long travel rockers with the long travel shocks, I have the shocks turned allllllllll the way up because I need to get some stiffer shocks on account that I am using 75 wt shock oil. I have 3 degrees toe OUT in the front to help with steering, I have 1 degree toe in in the rear, I have 1.5 degrees of negative camber in the front. I have found this to work great. when turning on concrete or whatever, the body tends to try to stay where gravity throws it, this generally gives it a ****ed up stance when you turn while rolling to a stop, however, when you hit the throttle your gone. and it is damn near impossible to roll it with these settings. I also removed the "crossmember" do-hicky that goes over the servo saver spring. If you don't know what I am talking about let me know. This limits your steering. I found that I can get an extra 1-3 degrees out of my steering with this gone. I also have a 40 tooth spur gear. I smoked a rustler earlier today. I kick the **** outta my buddies tmaxx on a regular basis, and another buddies LST is close, but not quite. The other thing that I suggest to upgrade are the tires and if your going to race get a QuickTurn setup. I also bash. I bash more than race. I can take a jump at full speed, and fly 30 feet and when I land I just BARELLLLLLLLLLY bottom out. That is why I want to get some stiffer shocks. Just a little higher rating and I won't bottom out when I take the big ones. Also, when I race I can go back to the springs I have now and be able to use them when racing. If you use shock oil as heavy as 75 wt, make sure you change the lil black disk in the shocks to the one with bigger holes, this will allow the springs to react properly. I haven't raced yet with this setup but I am on saturday. I will let you know how it turns out.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:58 PM
c_thomas01

Heres what im gonna try. Take the doojamahikey and get the upgraded do-hikey,switch the thingamabob and the watchamacallit and put on a one way self priming canooter valve....Watcha think afterburn LOL Seriously thanks for the reply though...
Old 03-31-2005, 10:00 PM
Afterburn1
My Feedback: (1)

Hey man, just tryin to be as detailed as possible. I have tried every setup the revo has and this is what works for me. Sorry it was so long. lol, if you have any questions pm me.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:02 PM
c_thomas01

Hey dont take that wrong...Was tryin to be funny.Guess that didnt work lol