Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Low Profile Wheel/Tire Options??

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 03:29 PM
Deandome
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low Profile Wheel/Tire Options??

I have $40 in gift certs for my LHS, and I want to get a set of low-profile wheels & tires for racing. BTW, my track doesn't allow Panther LP tires on regular Maxx wheels, so I can't just go with that option.

Are "Series 40" really the only option, along w/Revo wheels & tires? Are the Traxxas/Revo low-profile specs the same as Series 40s, i.e. can you pop Traxxas' new Response tires on the Pro-Line 40 rims (or vice-versa...ProLine tires on Revo rims)??

Who else makes wheels and/or tires that would be low-profile...either series 40 size OR Traxxas/Revo size, assuming they are not the same? And does ANYBODY make aluminum rims in either of these sizes?

I might go to the 23mm proline hexes as well, but that's still up in the air. At first I dismissed them cuz of all my std. wheels, but it's clear it's not much trouble to switch back 'n forth between hexes. In this case, I'm sure I'd be locked into proline wheels, but does anyone know of any other mfgs that might work with this size in the future?

In a nutshell, I can sort thru the ProLine & Traxxas whell/tire options, but I'd really like to hear if any OTHER mfgs. work in Revo/Series 40 sizes.

Thanks!!

Dean

PS, while I'm at it, if you get the 23mm hexes, do you need the $32 (!!) Proline wrench, or do they come w/a cheap wrench??
Old 04-01-2005, 04:17 PM
HEMI2

Default RE: Low Profile Wheel/Tire Options??

With 40bucks i dont think you could get a set of 4 tires/rims.[&:]
Old 04-01-2005, 04:49 PM
Deandome

ORIGINAL: HEMI2

With 40bucks i dont think you could get a set of 4 tires/rims.[&:]
I shoulda mentioned that I'd be applying the $40 towards this purchace, which I KNOW will end up being a bit/lot more!!

Dean
Old 04-01-2005, 10:35 PM
hotchi1

dont get 40s for racin they suck. i had some and then used my friends maxx sized with same setup and took 1-2 seconds off each lap as i got us to them
Old 04-01-2005, 11:05 PM
fastcrash

traxxas's revo tires use a beadlock system for mounting, similar to 1/8 buggies, so unfurtunately they are not universal. also the revo uses a unique 3.8" tire size, which falls in between maxx size tires and 40's.
Old 04-01-2005, 11:18 PM
hotchi1

just get wide maxx rpmm whelels and bow ties and u are set
Old 04-02-2005, 11:32 AM
fhm101

I'm currently runing a set of Panther Pythons on revo wheels on my maxx racer and it's the ****. I never thought i'd find a better tire/wheel than standard maxx wheels with bowties, but the panther/revo combo is better by far. Not only that, you don't have to buy different foams for the panthers, they come with the good stuff.
Old 04-02-2005, 07:41 PM
hotchi1

did u have to stretch them to get them oon revo whaeels
Old 04-04-2005, 10:40 AM
Deandome

ORIGINAL: hotchi1

did u have to stretch them to get them oon revo whaeels
Looks like Panther makes a Python specifically for the Revo:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id=2395

fhm....what about the offset that all revo rims have? How big is it...I have a set of Proline Maxx offsets which I think are about 1/2" each. For racing, I think I want little/no offset, so if the revo rims are offset 1/4"-1/2", I might do them...if more, than I won't.

Does this mean that stock maxx rims (NOT offset) will not work on the Revo??
Offset isn't great for racing/track running...at least tight tracks like mine. It makes your truck significantly less nimble.

And does ANYONE make true Revo rims besides Traxxas?? Proline makes a Series 40 rim specifically for the Revo..it has the offset that they say is NEEDED. But it's for Series 40 tires, not the "revo standard" like the Traxxas Response & Panther Python. But I hate fake chrome rims & don't want to strip/paint.

Oh well...

Dean