Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

My T Maxx

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 04:11 PM
lilseth0014

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My T Maxx

Yeah i have a t maxx and i was wondering how to get it to idle. I can adjust the hight speed needle right so i have that down. I can get the low speed needle right i can do that with the pinch test. But I'm not sure how to get it to idle properly. When i start it it idle for long time i think like mi just have it idle for a minute then i drive it. Anyways I'm not sure if u need to set the throttle trim down and if so why do u have to do that. I can keep it running for a while As long as i don't stop and if i go around the corner and dont slow down (like below 3mph). So i would greatly appreciate it if u guys could help me.

P.S. if it over heating what can i do? new head maybe
Old 04-02-2005, 05:41 PM
maxximum_overdrive

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: My T Maxx

for the idle, there is a screw that is directly behind the hsn that comes in from the side........this is the idle screw. srew it in to increase the idle (clockwise). As for the overheating, sounds like you may be a tad lean on the hsn, try turning it out 1/16 of a turn or so and drive it for a while if it is still too hot adjust in the same way untill you get a constant temp of about 250 to 260 with half a tank. this will mean though, that you will prob be a tad rich with full tank and a tad lean near empty, but this is how every ones maxx tank act. let me know if i helped any. peace[sm=RAINFRO.gif]
Old 04-02-2005, 10:44 PM
rkutach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My T Maxx

Make sure you understand that there is an idle setting screw-below the hsn, and a lsn opposite the idle setting screw... 3 total items to adjust.... Not that youre an idiot, I myself didnt know about all of them until about my 10th tank of gas... IM the idiot...HEhe!!