Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Any tips for a new REVO owner?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 09:29 PM
allen0622

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any tips for a new REVO owner?

My Revo should be coming this friday from Ultimate Hobbies, I've heard about it running hot during break in and dirt getting stuck on a needle or something. Any Revo veterans have any break-in tips or things they wish they had done during break-in? Or just read the book/watch the dvd(does it come with a dvd?) and follow the instructions?
Also when I hit the local hobby shop for some fuel is there anything else I should pick up besides extra glowplugs? Basically what is the first thing I'm going to break and need to replace?
Old 04-03-2005, 09:35 PM
4onTHEfloor

Default RE: Any tips for a new REVO owner?

The first thing I broke was a ball end and then a control arm but that was a bad landing on my part. My truck has been incredibly strong no problems during break in at all. As for parts I stocked up on full set of arms , ball ends , spare drive shaft pretty much anything I can get my hands on, because when I'm at the track and I break somthing I dont like to leave early.
Old 04-04-2005, 12:12 AM
SoCal_R3VO
My Feedback: (1)

heat cycle your engine for break in instead of the traxxas method. is what i would of done with the 2.5r.

Tho i did swap the 2.5r's out fairly quickly, just wasnt satisfied with the power.
Old 04-04-2005, 01:11 AM
nicholsm04
My Feedback: (-1)

dont go easy on your truck, you can beat the living hell out of it, and nothing will break. My friends and i are making a video tomorrow, hopefully i will have a link to post.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:28 AM
stilllost
My Feedback: (3)

As for parts I stocked up on full set of arms , ball ends , spare drive shaft pretty much anything I can get my hands on, because when I'm at the track and I break somthing I dont like to leave early.
what he said not that it will break its when. i would definately have you some drive shafts atleast 2. also get some rpm a-arm set f/r put them on and use the stock ones as spares. hmmmmmmmmmmm can never have too many glow plugs use the traxxas #3232 they work the best for me[8D]ALSO GET A MOTOR SAVER AIR FILTER.

heat cycle your engine for break in instead of the traxxas method. is what i would of done with the 2.5r.
i think traxxas has been building engines for awhile now and there break in procedures are tried and trued. especially if they are going to give a new for like $75.00 i think it was not sure. go buy there steps takes a bit, but hey they built it they know.

I've heard about it running hot during break in
it's true they run hot during break in. now that the warmer weather is upon us i would, and did, cut a good size hole in the windsheild. it seems run a bit cooler. ACTUALLY THE 2.5R runs hot period. don't waste yer money on a temp gun not unless you get sick alot. from what i heard it can be a head ache trying to tune use a temp gun. what you want is a nice trail of blue smoke all thru out throttle. keep it on the fat side and that engine will last you a while or untill u get tired of chasing the big blocks
Old 04-04-2005, 07:29 AM
stilllost

dam it for got to mention buy your fuel by gallon it cheaper. you will also be more likely to run it more
Old 04-04-2005, 08:55 AM
jbuck
My Feedback: (2)

Yeah I am just going to second the temp gun issue. I tried to use one and it was just a head ache. just make shure that there is a smoke trail. and you will be fine. Also Make shure you have fun and are not worried about breaking the thing cause honestly it can take a whoooping and still run for you.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:23 AM
G@TORBAIT

great truck, follow the book on break-in, forget the heat gun unless your racing, buy a new shell cause the stock one wont last long especially if your a hard basher and find the biggesst baddest jump around cause the revo can sure fly. Enjoy!
Old 04-04-2005, 02:05 PM
allen0622

OK, thanks for the tips, I'll definitely pick up a motorsaver filter(have one on my T-maxx and didn't even think of one for the Revo) and some arms if anything, the body for sure maybe in a month or two. I definitely plan to upgrade some things to make it well "mine". don't want to drive around and get my stock Revo confused with anyone elses hehe. I love getting upgrades and installing em. Here's a couple shots of my T-Maxx which I plan to keep forever too. Not too fancy, but I like it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33938.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	158.4 KB
ID:	253998   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89409.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	142.8 KB
ID:	253999   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39819.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	167.0 KB
ID:	254000   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jg14264.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	162.2 KB
ID:	254001  
Old 04-04-2005, 02:06 PM
allen0622

also, is the receiver pack it comes with pretty decent? or does that need upgrading too?
Old 04-04-2005, 03:24 PM
4onTHEfloor

I have had no problems withthat receiver pack. I think its good and it comes with a quick charger.
Old 04-04-2005, 03:57 PM
stilllost

nice maxx