Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Calling all FOC Guyz

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 01:36 AM
tRaXx-aSs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calling all FOC Guyz

I wanted to make sure i installed myne correctly so im asking this. When you roll the truck backward is the spur gear supposed to move?? Or are there any thing i can look for that will help me idenitfly correct installation??? ThANk you very much!!
Old 04-04-2005, 01:52 AM
BaSh_2_tHa_mAxX
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Calling all FOC Guyz

Point your truck forward then turn your spur gear left. If it moves your truck forward then you have installed it right.
Old 04-04-2005, 05:44 PM
SoCal_R3VO

and dont forget to install those little threaded pins into the gears that connect to the output shaft lol my arse forgot it.

Tore the tranny out, took the 6 screws out, removed the guts, put the 2 new gears in, forgot to put the threaded pins back in, re-installed the tranny, linkage, started her up, gave it throttle and nada LOL

Tore it all back down and reinstalled everything including that bastid of a pin, in about 1.5 hrs

the fun of oversight LOL
Old 04-04-2005, 06:04 PM
BaSh_2_tHa_mAxX

Well it took me almost a week to work out my diffs were in backwards. I installed it and my truck would only move backwards. And then i had to take the diffss out and flip em aound. All my hex screw were annoying me they were stripping [:@][:@] so yea.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:33 PM
tRaXx-aSs

lol so all went good for me! Im impressed with the outcome. Best 11 dollars ive spent on my truck. The hardest part of the installation was connecting the half-shafts together and screwing the pin for the front of the truck(Coudnt get the brake disc out of the way). So yea i finished and im happy with the results..

Thx a lot for the help

Btw: im trying to set up a racing maxx