Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Local Track (Backyard)

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 08:48 PM
Afterburn1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Local Track (Backyard)

Me and a buddy are building a track with some pretty sick jumps in the 2 acres or yard he has, spent all day saturday setting up a sick triple, gonna get some vids for you guys when it is all done but what are some things you'd want in your track?
Old 04-18-2005, 10:25 PM
mrjerryk

Default RE: Local Track (Backyard)

me personally, I would want a mud pit right after and nice jump. Oh yeah let the mud fly.
Old 04-19-2005, 12:15 AM
allen0622

I would want a nice high banked u- turn at least 5 ft. high with at least 2-3ft. of vert, even cooler would be if it curved back in like a wave, so you could basically stay full throttle and ride sideways through it. Track would basically have to be a minimum of about 3 ft. into the ground, or you'd have to have alot of dirt to build up a 5 ft. wall and if most of it isn't below ground level it would be extra hard to make it near vertical. You may be able to get away with it only being a couple ft. high but it would be a hairy ride if you're not a great driver and fly out of it. Imagine, side by side through a vertically banked turn, ahhhh.
A backhoe would really help.

A shortcut somewhere or other would be cool too, but it would have to be a precision jump, or some moguls that need to be navigated perfectly to make it through.
Old 04-19-2005, 09:37 AM
maxximum_overdrive

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when i built my track at my old house, i had i sick hill climb. it started with a 90 degree turn about 5 feet from the base, then had a 6 inch or so jump right as you started the climb. it was a pretty steep hill, about 20 yard long, then a hair pin back downhill, with a jump right at the base, then another hairpin back two a small double, then another hair pin that set you up for the mogal field, then a sweeper into the front straight that had a nice sized jump about half way. then a larg hair pin that set you back up for the 90 degree before the hillclimb. [&o] i miss my house in va.