Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

TRX2.5 Overheating + Slipper Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 04:03 AM
sachin998

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRX2.5 Overheating + Slipper Question

Hi There

I have owned two Traxxas trucks, an S-Maxx initially and then a Sportmaxx.

I sold the S-Maxx and then had to get another truck so I got the Sportmaxx forward only truck with two speed transmission.

My problems are as follows:

My engine is definitely overheating at a very rich setting. (about 4 1/2 - 5 turns open). I have checked all possible problems such as air leaks, fuel tank pressure, fuel, correct glow plug etc etc. My LSN is set correctly with the pinch test so I have not messed around with this any further.. After driving for a while, I get a clattering sound sometimes, and sometimes the engine just quits..

I never had these problems with my S-Maxx, I could lean that engine (3 1/2turns out) and never had over heating problems.

Any suggestions??

2. Sometimes my S-Maxx used to get in my way around my house as it was just lying on the floor all over the place sometimes, I used to push it away (from the front). After pushing it back, I would hear something still spinning. With the Body off, I noticed that my Spur Gear would still spin after pushing the car in reverse. Sometimes it would still spin even after the truck stopped rolling back.

With My sportmaxx, this does not happen. It is very tight actually. My S-Maxx used to roll back freely, whereas my Sportmaxx does not and feels tight. Also, the Spur gear definitely does not spin after pushing it ( I mean the Spur gear turns as the truck rolls back, but when the truck stops so does the Spur Gear).

Is this something that I should worry about?? I checked the gear mesh, thats fine. Any suggestions??

Thanks!

Old 05-13-2005, 03:02 AM
sachin998

Default RE: TRX2.5 Overheating + Slipper Question

Thanks... sought help elsewhere... but the overwhelming responses were great!

Old 05-13-2005, 04:36 AM
BaSh_2_tHa_mAxX
My Feedback: (1)

Sorry didnt get around to reading this thread [&o]. Any more problems i will do my est to help next time.
Old 05-13-2005, 04:45 AM
sachin998

Thanks Bash...
Old 05-13-2005, 04:57 AM
BaSh_2_tHa_mAxX
My Feedback: (1)

Anytime