Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

t-maxx chassis, whats good for bashing and racing?

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

t-maxx chassis, whats good for bashing and racing?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 01:37 AM
DurTmaxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default t-maxx chassis, whats good for bashing and racing?

1-whats a good t-maxx chassis for racing and bashing? [>:]
2-whats better the roto or pull starter? --(less weight, more room, reliability, overall... things like that)[&:]
3-drop-in engines? FANTOM .18 vs. O.S .18 vs. PICCO .21[:-]
4-receiver battery packs?[:-]
5-rpm parts for the rest?
6-transmission? want forward only, where can i find it cheap and what are racers out there running.

yep building me another maxx from scratch. and trying to not go broke by the time its finished. will stick to lots of plastic parts, stock and rpm.

thanks for your input, any tips will be mostly appreciated.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:18 AM
Delta_Dude12

Default RE: t-maxx chassis, whats good for bashing and racing?

1. For a good chassis for Racing or bashing go with a carbon fiber. I know there was a review for one on here but cant remember what it was.
2.For racing I would say pullstart just because it is light and you dont have to worry about charging batteries. And pretty reliable.
3. IMO stay away from Fantom Racing this guy at my track had one and it poofed in 3 weeks while taking care of his engine the best he coud so he got more and the longest lasting one was 3 months just my opinion. Go w/ either the o.s or picco both good engines.
4. Look at racers edge they make cool hump packs.
5. RPM is very durable and has a warranty that if you break it they wil give you another on for free. And very resonably priced.
6. Yep forward only and you may need to upgrade the parts in the diffs and tranny to support your bigger engine.

If you have problems finding any of these thing tell me and I will get you links.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:50 AM
DurTmaxx

Default RE: t-maxx chassis, whats good for bashing and racing?

thanks, will keep you posted on progress.