Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

boost bottle for revo

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 06:10 AM
nitro fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boost bottle for revo

i came across a boost bottle for revo and was wondering what's in it and if even works and is it refillable?

http://2coolrc.com/detail.aspx?ID=127
Old 07-24-2005, 04:13 AM
stilllost
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: boost bottle for revo

was curious if you were serious or not? well incase you don't know what it is or does is store the pressure between each rotation of theshaft after the carb but before the piston. i think atleast thats what i remember. i was told about that conceptabout 6 years ago. never bought into it on account its not race leagal and installation require drilling a hole in the block. wasn't to keen on that idea neither
Old 07-24-2005, 11:20 AM
GElite

Im with you on that, If it aint broke dont fix it!
Old 07-24-2005, 09:16 PM
nitro fanatic

thanks for input and i dont think i'll get if you have to drill a hole in the block. I though it would hook up to the carb and I would be able to take it off if I wanted to.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:46 AM
Oldfatman

That boost bottle is just an empty bottle. The concept is to even out the pressure pulses at low speed. In theory it sounds good, but just does not make enough change to tell a difference. You do have to drill and tap a hole in the block, and in my opinion, that just makes another place for an air leak.