Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Come On, Dig Deeper

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 04:20 AM
safor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Come On, Dig Deeper

Still can't keep Revo running. I tried again last night. It started rite up at first but as soon as it got warmed up, no starting. Now I know with all the knowlage on this site someone should be able to at least tell me what to try in order to fix this problem. Oh yeah the TMAXX still runs great annd starts every time. Same break in procedure as the revo.
Old 08-28-2005, 04:31 AM
safor

Default RE: Come On, Dig Deeper

I forgot to mention the oil dripping from the exhaust. Not fuel spitting out but it looks like oil.
Old 08-28-2005, 09:58 AM
RunninGag

does it start up again after it cools down? If so your piston and sleave are probobly shot.
Old 08-28-2005, 10:46 AM
maxx0619
My Feedback: (1)

try new glow plug and start from factory needle settings
Old 08-28-2005, 11:50 AM
safor

tried the factory settings with a new plug still the same deal.I would hae to think the motor is fried after 4 days. I plan to call traxxas support on monday.
Old 08-28-2005, 02:09 PM
Dil

if its all new there must be an air leak in your carb, and is your glow plug tight enough, even if its slightly loose there can be an air leak, tighen your glow plug and put some water into your cylinder head(about 5 drops) and spin the engine with the ez start or by hand check if any small air bubles are coming out,(dont put in too much water it can all pour out of the cooling vent just 4 to 5 drops will do) or try leaning out your high speed needle( normally they stall because the mixture is too rich so lean it out a bit) and keep the idle at a reasonable level dont keep the idle too low if not CALL TRAXXAS(i know its damm annoying when this happenes)
Old 08-28-2005, 07:19 PM
safor

whats with the oil dripping out of the muffler when I try to start?
Old 08-28-2005, 07:24 PM
maxx0619

thats a sign of being too rich. probably why you cant get it started. lean out both needles some and it should fire. make sure glow plug is heating coil up too. dont assume new plug always is working know what i mean??
Old 08-28-2005, 07:35 PM
safor

I will put back to factory setting and then lean both out alittle and see what happens but not till tomorrow. Thank god for my tmaxx.
Old 08-28-2005, 11:08 PM
s-maxx-basher

the 2.5 is a faulty engine. he said it could start right up, not after it was warm though. if the engine is tuneable, there is no airleak. if it isnt, there is or the engine is shot. i would seal everything with high temp silicone(carb, backplate and exhaust) if there is bubbles coming rom your carborator(outside) i would call traxxas, tell them, theyll send you a new one free. ive had 3 sticky cabrs and theyve sent me new ones every time.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:13 PM
safor

well this is what happened today. I called traxxas and they told me to look for an air leak. He said it didn't make sence because the revo runs fine. It just won't start when its hot. So today it did the same thing but I found if i put my finger over the muffler it will start faster when hot. I am new to this game so what does that mean?
Old 08-29-2005, 10:25 PM
maxx0619

check fuel line going from muffler to fuel tank. sounds like there is not enough pressure going to tank
Old 09-05-2005, 03:10 PM
safor

I have just about had it with this truck. Traxxas tells me its a tuning problem but my other two trucks run great. I am thinking about a new motor. Maybe the os 18. Any input on this would be great. I just want to run the revo and give my losi lst a break.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:02 PM
s-maxx-basher

when you put your finger over the exhaust, thats priming it. fuel is not getting threw the lines then. check for slits in the line. and check the o ring on the tank cap.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:29 PM
D0G

I seem to have the Same Issue with my thunder tiger .21 It will fire on one pull wth alittle priming, then at about 260F it will cut out. Im so far lean that I am only 2 turns out, and have yet to even come close to 280 or even 300 which is where I was told that particular engine should run. After it cuts out its VERY difficult to start, and even IF I do get it started it will be very finicky. Then only run to about 260-265 deg. then cuts out again. I guess I could keep going lean until I see it running hot. On a side note, I have one of those Temp gauges that you wrapp around the cooling head, are those accurate? Cause thats the Temp I am going by. Sorry I dont have an answer to your Question and I am using your thread to ask the same Question..lol. I have new fuel lines, I check the glow plug all the time for a tight fit. Im running our of ideas.
Old 09-05-2005, 07:29 PM
safor

a finger over the pipe dosn't even do it anymore. ran around the yard about ten times today and it just shut off. Hello new motor..
Old 09-05-2005, 07:57 PM
ONERCBOATER

just my two cents.....others may disagree and thats fine.
traxxas customer support is actually pretty good....but
their goal is to make you happy at the least possible cost to them
most times cust support is right on when they assume that the operator (aka customer) has no clue as to what they are doing.
sometimes it is helpful to explain that you have X amount of nitro expiriance and that you have other engines that are funtioning just fine. even if they are of other manufacturer. this tells em what your skill level is.

that said i still prefer OS over traxxas for durability and support.

if your revo is brand new and you bought it at lhs you may be able to get them to try it out and swap engine out for free.
if from tower hobbies they are GREAT on customer service they may be willing to swap it out.
or call traxxas and request an exchange you may be pleasantly surprized.

sean