Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Help-Front wheel drive REVO?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 12:24 PM
swolbrink

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help-Front wheel drive REVO?

I just notice my Revo is Front wheel drive. While driving it this morning I noticed the front wheels were to only wheels powering the car. If I lift it up off the ground and give it gas both front and back wheels spin. I don’t hear any grinding or strange noises. Without taking anything apart yet I checked all the drive shafts. I did put in a forward only kit a few weeks ago. Where should I look first? Rear Diff. Or is it in the tranny? And related to this problem I have a question for you big block people. I’m looking at dropping in a rb323 but am concerned about the drive train. Are the BB’s too much power for the stock drive train in the Revo?
Old 09-05-2005, 12:29 PM
s-maxx-basher

Default RE: Help-Front wheel drive REVO?

my gusse is the rear center shaft. check it? but they spin when there off the ground? somethings slipping. could be your diff. and no the revo should be able to handle the bb without any problems.
Old 09-05-2005, 01:58 PM
swolbrink

I've been messing with it and with the motor off; if I turn both front wheels by hand I do hear a light clicking coming from the rear end. Was there ever problem with the diff. from Traxas. I remember hearing something about it six-eight months ago??? Did they come out with a upgrade for the diff? I got my Revo last Oct'04.
Old 09-05-2005, 02:04 PM
swolbrink

Thanks s-maxx, The center shaft seems to be ok I think its the rear end. I've been hearing a lot good things about the rb323 and would really like using it. I just started racing here in South Dakota and there's only one class, I race against small and big blocks monster trucks. But, i'm still the weakest link
Old 09-05-2005, 05:59 PM
s-maxx-basher

yeah about 8 months ago they had a recall on the diffs. might wana check it out.