Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

problem with dogbone u joints...help needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 03:23 PM
ride1226

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problem with dogbone u joints...help needed

well...when i just dont know what to do it seems you guys are pretty quick to help me out so here i am with another question...i ran my old pro .15 tmaxx the other day and got about 20 feet and lost my rear wheel power...i brought the truck to me and looked at the dogbone and the little metal ball with the pins going thru it fell out...i hope u guys know what im talkin about...its like where the dog bone pivot...its hard for me to slide it but i guess at the rate its spinning it can spin out...so i rapped it in wire tape and continued driving...well i have an ocd and i dont want to leave it that way so is there anything i can do to fix it so the pin stops sliding...thanks guys
Old 09-07-2005, 05:24 PM
GTdirtracer

Default RE: problem with dogbone u joints...help needed

im not shure what u r talking about but i think you are talking about from where the tranny to rear differential and the the hole setup for that is like 5 bux the part number is 4949 look in your manul
Old 09-07-2005, 06:11 PM
ride1226

thanks...thats the problem though...i dont have the manual because i bought the truck used...thanks though is there any other way i can fix it myself
Old 09-07-2005, 06:58 PM
s-maxx-basher

i would bother. if it feel out, its just gana come out again with the same joints. i would just buy new ones. MIP cvds are the best out there next to UE.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:05 PM
ride1226

well i CA glued it for now...its cured for an hour and it seems pretty strong...i would buy the center MIPs but i just dont have the mulah right now...being 16 sux cuz ur parents kinda control the money flow...is there a set of MIP center drives for the original tmaxx or will the new style tmaxx center drives be the same length...a link would be great...thanks