Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Picco .26 Maxx WOW!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 04:33 PM
GElite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picco .26 Maxx WOW!

Well, I got my new Ofna Picco .26 Maxx the other day and I put it on my Revo as soon as I got it and man is it bad ass. I took it easy for about the first 4 tanks of fuel and I still havent really got on it yet but thats only cause I don't feel comfortable going that fast. The acceleration is just unreal. From a dead stop I can floor it and it will literally jump straight up and land on its top still sitting in the same spot. Its just unreal, its so far beyond what I expected. The engine just turns up so fast, the throttle responce is instantanious. It flys out of the hole. From a dead stop I can only give it about a 1/4 throttle without it flipping over. Even when its going 15 or 20 mph I can floor it and the truck will raise up and flip if I dont get out of the throttle. The only thing that even comes close to the feeling of torque is a crotch rocket. The power to weight ratio is probably close to that of a sport bike. Its like driving a whole nother truck. Its awsume, I thought the stock 2.5 was quick but the .26 Maxx is in a whole other class. I have never seen a M/T that is running as fast as my Revo is right now. I have already stripped 2 spur gears so I guess im gonna have to by a metal one. Anyone got any ideas which aftermarket gear will hold up to this engine the best?
Old 09-16-2005, 05:44 PM
rcmaster123
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Picco .26 Maxx WOW!

try [link]http://www.robinsonracing.com[/link] and i want a video!
Old 09-16-2005, 07:14 PM
GElite

I'll see if I can barrow my Brother-in-law's video camera and post a video. Im not sure how to post a video but I will try. Lanks for the link.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:23 PM
gsc71

Cool ain't it?? I just picked up a RB Modded Picco .26 Now I am really excited!!
Old 12-03-2005, 12:19 PM
EvaderPerformed

OOk hello this is what I am asking I need somebody that have experience about engine's carb .
My engine is a Ofna picco ,26 maxx my car was runing exelent I tuned the carb perfect and my evader st was runing incredible.
I put 24 clutchbell and 54 spur gear imagine that ok it was like a rocket... my brother tall me that the engine can has more
RPM therefore he wanted to change the tuning of carb that day I was not in my house
he used the car and fouck up every thing he can remenber the position of the needles and me also!!! I tried to go back but I can not.
this engine is the most harder that i never see before. just some body that has a picco .26 maxx can tell how to tune the engine
???
please!!!!
Old 12-03-2005, 01:44 PM
revopqrs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try setting the lsn flush with the out side of the little ball linkage, and the hsn about 3 turns out and see what happens..
Old 12-03-2005, 01:50 PM
dougman51

I have a .26 Max in my sportmaxx, and i was wondering what everyone is using for a throttle return spring, because it doesn't have one on it
Old 12-03-2005, 03:51 PM
Wisconsin Nitro

HOW MUCH WAS IT?!?!?!?!?!

ORIGINAL: GElite

Well, I got my new Ofna Picco .26 Maxx the other day and I put it on my Revo as soon as I got it and man is it bad ass. I took it easy for about the first 4 tanks of fuel and I still havent really got on it yet but thats only cause I don't feel comfortable going that fast. The acceleration is just unreal. From a dead stop I can floor it and it will literally jump straight up and land on its top still sitting in the same spot. Its just unreal, its so far beyond what I expected. The engine just turns up so fast, the throttle responce is instantanious. It flys out of the hole. From a dead stop I can only give it about a 1/4 throttle without it flipping over. Even when its going 15 or 20 mph I can floor it and the truck will raise up and flip if I dont get out of the throttle. The only thing that even comes close to the feeling of torque is a crotch rocket. The power to weight ratio is probably close to that of a sport bike. Its like driving a whole nother truck. Its awsume, I thought the stock 2.5 was quick but the .26 Maxx is in a whole other class. I have never seen a M/T that is running as fast as my Revo is right now. I have already stripped 2 spur gears so I guess im gonna have to by a metal one. Anyone got any ideas which aftermarket gear will hold up to this engine the best?
Old 01-04-2006, 04:24 AM
dISCOdAN

I paid $300 canadian at a LHS for my Picco .26, and another $50 for the Traxxas big block install kit. Put it in tonight, will break it in tomorrow.
I bet I wont sleep, I cant wait!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94961.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	380765   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa87298.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	380766  
Old 01-04-2006, 06:42 PM
piccorevo

dude take your filter off have a good look at it then throw it in the bin, that is basically a breather filter for a 1:1 size car it does not trap fine dust, trust me i know i had an actual k+n on my rush evo and i opened her up on day and my god the top of the piston was like a bit of sand paper.

go and buy a good buggy filter or even a motor saver filter much better and easier to clean.
Old 01-05-2006, 06:21 PM
dISCOdAN

lol, thanx, i switched to a motor saver. This motor is an absolute rocket! [>:]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv62996.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	381709  
Old 01-05-2006, 11:59 PM
Wisconsin Nitro

ORIGINAL: DEAD MAN

HOW MUCH WAS IT?!?!?!?!?!

hummm... how come i dont remember posting that?
anyways...

i got that engine in me t-maxx
runs great as soon as the damn toon stays were it should
Old 01-06-2006, 12:34 AM
BlackFox

I had an ofna engine a while back and the thing would not stay running at all. How does this engine fair? Does it have a good idle, and able to hold it?
Old 01-07-2006, 10:43 PM
dISCOdAN

yep, mine runs flawless, except the tank goes empty fast lol
Old 01-08-2006, 12:01 AM
Wisconsin Nitro

yeah im having some real problems tuning it
was thinking i should bring it to my LHS and have them tune it cuz i got nothin tryed everything today and still had no luck

like when ever i put on the break the slider valve whent all the way in and shut off the engine evrey time

but luckely for me theyl do it free cuz i usualy spened about $4000.00 amonth there anyways so im one of ther valued shopers
Old 01-08-2006, 12:30 AM
REVOlution-05

I just picked up a picco .26 Max and installed it today. Just finished running the first tank through it and I'll have to wait till tomorrow to run it some more. So far it sounds great and has good bottom end for a engine that is running very rich. Cannot wait to finish breaking it in. I wasn't to happy about the instructions to break it in though.. Seems a little hokey to me. Anyone have some recomendations???
Old 01-08-2006, 12:32 AM
REVOlution-05

DEAD MAN

It cannot be any worse than the 2.5trx engine... man what a pain in the *****...
Old 01-09-2006, 01:27 AM
trouling

The picco is very interesting. Is the picco a direct fit or does require modified motor mounts? I'm under the impression the picco is a different size block ( see link http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXKHE9&P=ML ). Would this engine fit ( http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXKBG0&P=ML )? What is modifcation parts is required due to larger powerplant and extra stress on drive line?
Old 01-09-2006, 02:05 AM
Haulin bass

hey revo pilot you live somewhat close to me(Im an hour out of Grande prairie), did you buy that engine at wonderland? You Know Brad?

REVOlution-05 just use the traxxas method.
Old 01-09-2006, 01:39 PM
REVOlution-05

Trouling

There is a modified engine mount that OFNA puts out that is a direct install. (OFNA part #51531) It only cost me $26.99 canadian so it's not a big investment. The stock pipe works well with it, but many people recommend an aftermarket pipe. Trinity pipes seem to be popular with the picco 26. I've also heard that the spur gear tend to get chewed up with the extra juice, so you may want to have a new one or a metal on on hand.

It only took about 1 hour to install the new engine. I found what really helped was to loosen off the tranny bolts on the bottom of the truck, then the 2.5 just slid right out. Some say that you have to remove the rear bulkhead, but I didn't find a need for it. So far I've only had time to run 1 tank through it.
Old 01-09-2006, 04:10 PM
piccorevo

why did you have to take the bulkhead out to take the engine out???????? all the picco 26 requires is a bigger mount for the standard revo engine mount supports to be installed in the revo
Old 01-09-2006, 05:32 PM
JQA3

i had a picco .26 Maxx and i loved it. Whoever has a traxxs in the Maxx series, try putting a picco .27 in it. They are sick. They have a crap load more power and performance than the .26 Maxx. the are pretty cheap and make 3.1 hp. More than the OS30.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:26 PM
REVOlution-05

I didn't have to remove the bulkhead, but it was a recomendation from my lhs that may have made it easier to remove the motor. Not a big deal since it wasn't required to get it out.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:52 AM
trouling

Thanks for the info REVOlution-05. That definitively helps.

I ran my revo 2.5R on castor based fuel because of the stories I heard of traxxas fuel contents and motors opened after several gallons. I don't know if it's true or not myself, just information from local hobbyists. My 2.5R idles at 280 degrees on 18% castor, 20% nitro fuel (40 degrees and wet outside). I have a gallon of traxxas %20 nitro and probably should re-break in my motor on it and use it until I can buck up for a normal temperature solution.

Any opinions on the following engine options:

I think you got the picco .26 small block (revo size): http://www.ofna.com/eng-picco-26max.html
I believe this version is a big block w/ slightly more tork http://www.ofna.com/eng-picco-26.html
I wonder if this .27 will ever be availible in a small block: http://www.rc-trucks.org/picco-27.htm
Traxxas big block mounts http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/2845
TM323 .23 (complete solution w/ matching pipe for about $225) http://www.rbproducts.com/mainEn.php...01901-323000/R

Considerations:
The TM323 is a direct replacement for 2.5R but I can't find any HP ratings.
The picco sounds like power house requiring metal replacements for drive train type parts. total cost by the time I'm done=??
Wondering about part replacement supply and costs as well.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:31 PM
BlackFox

Yeah what mods should you do to the drivetrain to handle the power? Besides the spur gear, should anything in the tranny be upgraded? I've CVD axles already, and was going to get a driveshaft too. What else?

Is a big block more headaches than fun?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.