Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Need help please

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 04:25 AM
stilllost
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help please

i need help from the hardcore guys jumping 9 feet plus and bashers. is the trinity pipe worth it? i have a revo and am very happy with the 2.5R(TM323 is on the XMAS list). i could careless about added performance, surely concerned about loss though. what i'm after is durability. i hear alot of ppl breaking the stock one repeatedly. and im all about the one time fix.

here is what im going after in set up.

P2 rockers; installed
gold and orange springs installed should i go heavier?
50 wt oil was thinking of going to 70wt?
shock rod ends of course. what about aluminum shock caps?
and as soon as my a-arms go rpm arms will be installed.
tm323 for xmas?
Old 10-30-2005, 06:39 AM
piccorevo

Default RE: Need help please

i have stock set up on my revo apart from i have the long travel springs in the truck at stock setting it suits my style and i aint no wimpy boy about beating my truck.

My truck

just a wee video of going of a 30 foot starting ramp at my local bmx track that hasnt seen a bmx in about ten years.

http://www.rcpics.net/img/67403
Old 10-30-2005, 06:50 AM
stilllost

i'm talking 9+ up in the air not out.(was ment to sound nice not mean) distance jumping is not as hard ont the truck as height. not unless you land sideways.

btw nice body on the truck
Old 10-30-2005, 06:02 PM
piccorevo

aww i will try and get a video of more than fifteen feet in the air, just to show you that these settings are fine, because you dont want to have your truck so hard that it will never bottom out because then you will start having other issues. the revo can take a good belly slap from a good height dont be afraid to beat its a55.

owww by the way i dont take credit for the shell its pre-painted by atomik shells and very thick
Old 11-01-2005, 12:17 PM
stilllost

yeah thats what i was thinking. i guess some good f/r skids are a good ticket. can careless about the cute tranny skids. i dont plan on rock crawling.

soo you think 70 wt would be too much? i was thinking going with 70 wt and keeping the springs as is, i really dont want too loose out on handling.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:25 PM
piccorevo

yeah that would be a good setting i think, i am going to try and get to my LHS so i acn try different setting on my shocks see if i can better nmy set-up a little