Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Need some help from anyone please!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 10:15 AM
kleman_gtp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help from anyone please!

OK guys i just bought a "T-Maxx" off e-bay its the 2.5 and just pulled it out of the box and it doesnt have a reverse servo, it doesnt have a diff in the front and its missing all the cvds that make it 4 wheel drive. Also took it out and ran it and i think it doesnt even have a 2 speed trans in it, what the hell am i suposed to do, i know i can get parts cheap off of ebay but its a lot of hassel, just wandering if they made a t-maxx like this ever? i thought they were all 5 wheel drive? anyone have anything to say please share it with me.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:29 AM
tashspop
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Need some help from anyone please!

if its a tmaxx it will be 4wd with 2speed and reverse. sounds like you got a sportmaxx or atleast one converted into one. look at the front of the trans directly lined up with where the reverse servo would be(nest to steering servo) and there should be a shaft witha ball connector on it that slides in and out to engage reverse. if its missing this, then your truck is either a sportmaxx or a stadium maxx. the difference between these two are that the sportmaxx has a one speed trans and the other has a two speed.

i hope this all helps. do you have a link to the add you bought, i would like to see the discription.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:25 AM
kleman_gtp

Ok, he just emailed me back and told me that they made a T-maxx without 4 wheel drive and without reverse with a one speed tranny, i dont know if they ever made one and i dont want to go off on this guy untill i know for sure that they never made a T-maxx with all that stuff off of it, i have no clue who the hell would want one of these things??? I got you the link and thanks for the quick reply!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I know i can get the diff for cheap and the servo for cheap but is there a kit they made for the sportmax that made it 2 speed? any more help with this would be great and once again thanks for the quick reply!!
Old 11-10-2005, 02:12 PM
TOCCHET_92

that's a sport maxx alright,should have a 2 speed tranny in it,my bud has one and it flies,and it's basiclly set up for racing imo,his e-bay add said nothing about it being 2 wheel drive and don't worry about reverse you don't need it, i got rid of mine and i don't miss it,truck looks like it's in great shape and not a bad price either.nice grab.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:43 PM
kleman_gtp

thats cool i guess, but im not really into racing, im into bashing :P what do you think it will cost me to upgrade it to 4 wheel drive, and make it 2 speed? does anyone sell a kit to do this? i want a T-maxx :P
Old 11-10-2005, 03:03 PM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

It will cost about $110 for the 4wd and resvese kits.

If you want a reverse kit... PM me. I pulled the reverse out of my T-maxx before it was ever run. So, it's complete, and new. I think the new retail on it is $49. I'd go $40 plus shipping. (I can send you pics if you want them) Otherwise, I'm puttin' it up on eBay.

the sport max came with the 2 speed in later kits... it may just not be adjusted right.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:15 PM
kleman_gtp

Ok? so does anyone sell this complete kit or am i going to have to piece it together? also is there a kit available to convert the one speed to a 2 speed? i guess i might be able to live without reverse? i dont know what i want to do yet! anyones advice will be greatly appreciated!
Old 11-10-2005, 03:42 PM
piccorevo

i would be flipping, the guy didnt even tell you it wasnt complete send it back and see paypal about getting a refund due to false entrapment. he has led you to believe the truck is complete as he doesnt state anywhere that there are things missing from the truck.

and also on the page i dont see anywhere "what you see is what you get" hit him hard i hate scum like that. you payed a good price for a truck that you were led to believe was complete and wasnt complete far from it.[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

man im getting p1s5ed off just thinking about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!1
Old 11-10-2005, 04:48 PM
TOCCHET_92

you got a good deal even though you were mislead sport maxx's go for about 340 bucks new,get the kit to make it a t-maxx forget reverse and bash away.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:30 PM
screaming_chankla
My Feedback: (5)

Yeah, you got an okay deal. No need to start two threads addressing the same subject.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3539972/tm.htm