Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.
View Poll Results: A poll
nitro
86.21%
electric
13.79%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

nitro vs electric

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 02:17 PM
JQA3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitro vs electric

nitro vs electric
Old 12-29-2005, 02:31 PM
Crf250ed

Default RE: nitro vs electric

Whats this have to do with traxxas rc monster trucks?
Old 12-29-2005, 02:33 PM
JQA3

nothing im just curious of what people think about nitro and electric
Old 12-29-2005, 02:36 PM
moorek550

it depends, what are you gona use it for? i like nitro, but at times i like to just put in a battery and go
Old 12-29-2005, 03:17 PM
WAXDUMMIES

I voted nitro, assuming you ment monster trucks. For 1/10 scale stadium trucks or touring, electric for me.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:20 PM
alvinl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Electric trucks like the Emaxx are pretty cool, but nothing beats the smell of nitro...
Old 12-29-2005, 03:30 PM
plaidfish

Nitro (IMO) is just less hassle....electric is clean but you have soo much support equipment that's a friggin fortune.....good charger, discharge tray/equalizer, the soldering iron and heat gun stuff.....I'm about fed up w/ electric myself getting rid of my 1/10 scale TCs cause I end up repairing more than driving.......maybe I should only drive them on the road
Old 12-29-2005, 05:24 PM
nicholsm04
My Feedback: (-1)

Nitro is better. I like working on something that is actually related to real life (meaning it has an exhaust, intake, piston, sleeve & crank, etc..) as opposed to something that is powered by an electric motor that really has nothing to it.
Old 01-01-2006, 09:14 PM
Oliverhm

ORIGINAL: nicholsm04

Nitro is better. I like working on something that is actually related to real life (meaning it has an exhaust, intake, piston, sleeve & crank, etc..) as opposed to something that is powered by an electric motor that really has nothing to it.
Exactly the same here, I have loads of fun even when I'm not driving it. just taking it apart, adding new bits, learning about the car more and even cleaning after a good day of ripping up wet grass and leaves
Old 01-01-2006, 10:38 PM
Diesel_Fuel_Only

I'd have to disagree with that, electricity is just as much a part of real life as gas is. With an electric truck, you learn a lot about electronics. For example, you learn about how cell placement (such as - to + or + to +) creates different voltages, wiring in series or parallel, how when batteries are discharged they don't have a voltage of 0, and much more. I had a RC10GT and don't get me wrong it was a cool truck, but I'd take popping 2 batts in the SuperBrain and driving my E-Maxx over the RC10GT any day.

And don't forget people that drive electrics have just as much to clean up after a day of bashing as those who drive nitro cars do too! (Except for the oily fuel spills )
Old 01-01-2006, 11:44 PM
nicholsm04
My Feedback: (-1)

Well, how many cars do you see driving around with electric motors?

lol i was just saying I enjoy nitro because it has all of the components of a real engine.
Old 01-02-2006, 01:57 AM
fnord23

I voted electric although I really enjoy both. It just depends on how much time you wanna spend tinkering IMO. Yes, you will have alot of time invested tweaking and repairing ANY R/C vehicle but I have owned many of both types and have not invested nearly as many hours on electrics as with those finicky nitro machines. I do love both but for my money, at the end of the day I prefer electric for the simple fact that most of my time will go towards improvement instead of consistency. Oh yeah and not nearly as messy. Those with wives know what I mean.