Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Revo battery pack question?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 11:12 AM
bigd652

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo battery pack question?

I'm looking for a direct fit battery for my Revo. (for a spare) I was looking on onlybatterypacks.com and i think i may have found one but there are two packs with different discharge rates. 30amps/5amps. Now i have no idea what this means. Anyone help? Thanks

Old 01-12-2006, 11:54 AM
Deandome
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Revo battery pack question?

Please post a link...I don't think batteries are rated by discharge rates, or even amps, for that matter.

They DO usually have mah ratings for how much capacity they have, which, along w/voltage, 'define' it's capabilities.

Technically, 30 amps translates to 3000mah, which would be a GREAT capacity, and 5 amps would be 500 mah...pretty low by most standards. As for voltage, you don't really wanna go past 7.2 for a RX pack...6V is good, though 7.2 is better...more punch for the steering servo. I THINK 8.4V is OK, but now you're getting to a point of danger re. frying your electronics, and unlike electric cars, it ain't worth the risk for this use.

And by all means, CALL only...com & ask them whatever you need. They're great...especially Jeff (if I recall his name correctly). The toll-free #s on the site.

Dean