Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Newbie upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 10:03 PM
JSRacer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie upgrades?

Hey, I just got into this and love it. I went to the local hobby shop and picked up a venom smart temp, a motor saver air filter, and a new tank and fuel lines. Then I stopped at the auto parts store and got some high temp sealant for an air leak problem I think I may have. Haven't put the smart temp in yet and not really impressed with the motor saver's quality. Everytime I go to the hobby shop I wanna buy something for my Revo but never know what to get. My wife doesn't need to know that but do you guys have any suggestions on quality upgrades without changing the motor out. Maybe eventually I'll upgrade the motor (OS.18tm?) but I just got the Revo 6 weeks ago. Anyway any advice for the new guy is greatly appreciated.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:10 PM
Airpressure

Default RE: Newbie upgrades?

The Venom will read a little higher than normal, me and alot other people have had this problem.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:40 PM
BigRed350

Revo is a great truck out of the box. The best thing to do is when you break something upgrade it to something better.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:07 PM
revodude503

I have had my revo for about 5 months and I have a FOC, Traxxas red tubes, Traxxas hurricane wheels on response tires. One very fun thing to do,(for me at least) is to polish the stock pipe, chassis, and bulkheads. Looks sweet when done. Also I got a ms airfilter and don't like. Probably gonna get a savage airfilter or one from a 1/8 buggy.