Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

OT serious change in income.

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 10:43 AM
Wevie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT serious change in income.

Wow, I just got some bad news at work this morning.

Apparently the company thinks they can save some money if they eliminate all maintenance overtime. Overtime is my main source of "fun" money. And a serious source at that. I usually bring home about $1500 a month in overtime. I'll still survive, but the "toys" are really gonna be scaled back!!

I drag race a 1:1 car in the summer. That's definitely not going to happen this year.

I've been spending quite a bit on this RC addiction this winter. Gotta figure something out there.

I still need a hobby to maintain my sanity and the RC racing is definitely cheaper so that will probably be the one to keep. This really blows. Personally I don't think they will find it saves any money. They plan to do major maintenance work during the week now by shutting the machines down. I'll bet the downtime will cost more than the overtime. Hopefully they will realize this within 6 months.

Man, I am seriously bummed right now. I need a beer.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:11 AM
thestratcat
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: OT serious change in income.

that sucks to hear dude!! go grab a beer, it'll look better

I don't get overtime, but I do know that it's a nice extra income, until it comes back I suggest that you stop buying food so you can finance your R/C car hobby

good luck getting it back man!!
Old 01-25-2006, 11:53 AM
CarTireDragbike

I feel your pain!!!![>:] They cut all our overtime in November and now being laidoff for a week a month till July. I also Drag race a 1:1 bike and still have RC's I want. I just hope that the plant I work at does not get put on the chopping block. Still 2 not identified. The only thing I can say that would help you and I is to get this out. "Born American Buy American....." That is were people need to starat. With us being out of work it hurts there business also.
I hope all work's out for you. Tyr to have a good day.
CTDb.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:06 PM
alvinl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear it. I have been salaried for about 10 years (ie. no overtime ever). I have a small company I run on the side that provides money for all my toys. Hope it all works out for ya.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:37 PM
plaidfish

ORIGINAL: CarTireDragbike

The only thing I can say that would help you and I is to get this out. "Born American Buy American....." That is were people need to starat.
I couldn't agree more....until 5 years ago I made it a point to not buy stuff made elsewhere if it was made here too...now I CAN'T FIND made in USA anymore.....I won't shop wallyworld unless it's an absolute emergency.....target is gonna get cut out of my shopping soon too......but try and find the Made in the USA tag on ANYTHING anymore....thank you Clinton for bringing the end of our country..... and delivering it to China...what a guy....
Old 01-25-2006, 06:57 PM
Wevie

I'll supplement my income somehow. Oh, that sounds illegal, that's not what I meant. A second job or maybe try out a couple business ideas I've had of late.

I also support the buy american idea. And I'm also a Wal-Mart hater.

There's a lot wrong with our country today, but I'm not going to jump on my soapbox right now. NAFTA, healthcare, the value of the dollar, etc, etc.

What really gets me about this is the company thinks they will save money. If I work 7 days a week for the next 6 months I MIGHT catch up on all the work I have to do. There is so much maintenance that can't be done on a machine while it is running. Their idea is like saying to skip oil changes on your car because it costs money. Sure, you'll save the cost of the oil change, but it won't be long and your car will need a LOT more money than the cost of those oil changes!!
Old 01-25-2006, 11:35 PM
LJ NITRO
My Feedback: (2)

I agree with ya'll. Gotta love these big buisnesses that can't make enough profit. Take a box of cereal for example. $3-$4 for a box of Captain Cruntch. milk $3-$5 for a gallon. *** hey lets pay more taxes and hope we starve. but guess what our lawmakers still get their pay raises and earn it even out of office.

ok ok. i'll calm down. always getting kicked when we're down and we're always down
Old 01-26-2006, 12:17 AM
CarTireDragbike

I agree with all of you. As for wal-mart I do go some times after work to get some food and DVD's. That is it though. My Biggest problem is with the Car's and Truck's. This is what makes me the maddest!!![>:] My wife and I work at Ford motor Comp. Norfolk assembly. A girl that work's in the same department as my wife was having car problem's. Now with the fact that they could close our plant. Insted of going out and looking at a Ford or even Mazda. Since Ford own's them. She goes and buy's a Nissian. SHe is the kind of person that will through a fit if we would get laid off of close the plant. But I how did she make it better for us. That has been my biggest pet peeve since they started to bring those care over here. I will put this out for any one that lives in the US. I have friend's and nieghbor plan's for Ford, Lincon or Mercery. If you are looking for a new car or truck email me and I will set you up with a pin. I will also explane how it work's. I am now way making any money off of this offer. Just trying to help save you some money and at the same time get more ford's out there. Keep up your spirts. Thing's have to get better. Well that is what I am trying to tell myself.
CTDB
Old 01-26-2006, 12:51 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We do not permit political, social, religious, or other off-topic discussions. There are many places online to express your opinions on issues outside of RC so "RC" Universe is designed to be a place to talk just about RC.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_37.../tm.htm#377662

Thread Locked.