Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

I know this has been posted but here me out. Motor for T-maxx.

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

I know this has been posted but here me out. Motor for T-maxx.

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 07:22 PM
love those warbirds
My Feedback: (39)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I know this has been posted but here me out. Motor for T-maxx.

Hey how is every one! I'm looking in to a new motor. My stock 2.5 has been a good friend but is starting to get well... fussy. It's dying out if I hit the brakes and dying out at full speed. So for the summer I think I need a new friend. I was thinking Ofna .26 Picco Max EZ-Start (I'll get a link soon) I know that’s a big jump from a weak .15 to a .26. But I rather go big. I read around the forums that the maxx tranny may not be able to handle the power but I'm will to accept that. + this is a good price. If any can show me how their .26 runs or someone show me a good motor for a t-maxx that’s a drop in or I can easily put in with a after market motor mount. And use the same clutch, maybe exhaust. (got a .21 buggy pipe on now) I will buy a new pipe if I get a bigger the .21. I'll reconsider. Also I'm trying to keep it under $200. Thanks allot guys. Don't beat me up on how this has been posted before or How I should just get a revo. I know but I could not find what I was looking for.
Thanks Agin---Rick
Old 01-25-2006, 07:23 PM
love those warbirds

Default RE: I know this has been posted but here me out. Motor for T-maxx.

heres the link....
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXKHE9&P=ML
-Rick
Old 01-25-2006, 08:36 PM
DaveG55

I don't know if this will be a help or not but I saw a similar subject on the Traxxas site and copied this from one of the replys. I don't vouch for any of it but it looked like it had some good links.

To give proper credit, this was posted my a member named tmaxxnt.

You'll have to get a chassis extension kit, cvds, and metal tranny gears. Only the Dynamite conversion comes with a big block pipe, so you'd also need one. The number of companies that make exhaust pipes are too numerous to list.

These cmpanies make chassis conversions;
Hardcore Racing- www.hcrracing.com
Dynamite- www.dynamiterc.com
Unlimited Engineering- www.unlimitedengineering.com

CVDs from;
MIP- www.miponline.com
Dynamite- www.dynamiterc.com
THS Racing- www.thsracing.com

Metal tranny gears;
Hardcore Racing- www.hcrracing.com
Robinson Racing- www.robinsonracing.com

There may be more companies, but these are the ones I know of. All told, the conversion minus engine should run you about $600
Old 01-25-2006, 09:31 PM
NJ NETS FAN
My Feedback: (2)

Dude no motor is gonna run u under $200 thats a direct drop in. The motor may be under $200 but you HAVE to upgrade the tranny if your going to put a .26 in it. The only thing I can say is find yourself a nice OS .18tm on ebay for around $170-185 and that'll be good. The .18tm is the most power u can put into the t-maxx without upgrading the tranny.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:18 PM
love those warbirds

ORIGINAL: NJ NETS FAN

Dude no motor is gonna run u under $200 thats a direct drop in. The motor may be under $200 but you HAVE to upgrade the tranny if your going to put a .26 in it. The only thing I can say is find yourself a nice OS .18tm on ebay for around $170-185 and that'll be good. The .18tm is the most power u can put into the t-maxx without upgrading the tranny.
Ok I did not know that. I'm a 98% electric man. I think I'll just get an os .18tm on tower. I don't like that ebay stuff. Right know I guess $$ ant an option. I'll just have to save up for it. If it will drop in. I don't care how much it costs. Thanks for the help guys any one else have a motor Idea? Just a drop in. with no other needed work to be done.? I have too Meany models to be ripping down a maxx. I did that once and it WAS NOT fun.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:01 PM
LJ NITRO

ORIGINAL: NJ NETS FAN

The .18tm is the most power u can put into the t-maxx without upgrading the tranny.
so how does this one compare to a .21
Old 01-25-2006, 11:05 PM
DaveG55

The OS18TM is far and away the most power for the amount of work involved. You can get it with the header for the T-Maxx already installed and it's an easy, direct swap.
You could go with the OS.18CV-RX but it needs extra parts and some mods to the crankshaft so the lower cost is offset by that. Also, the TM will accept the ez-start and the CV-RX will not.
Also, I believe that Fantom maks a .18 engine that is a drop in but I don't know anything about it.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:15 PM
LJ NITRO

well i already have the Hardcore Racing .21 conversion. still in the building phase. i have a Ofna Hyper 21 on it now that i got from a friend. he pulled it from a buggy. he said he only did the break-in and drove it once or twice after that. though think having compression issues. was getting the buildup almost done and was stating it. wouldn't stay running long enough to tune it. then it just wouuldn't start like it had no compression.

so i may be in the market for a new motor
Old 01-26-2006, 07:57 PM
love those warbirds

so any one else satisfied with the os .18? OR what motor you running in your maxx?