Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

TMaxx tranny teardown

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 08:21 PM
SlowDriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TMaxx tranny teardown

My TMaxx (.15 pro version) is ready for a transmission teardown. It's been through quite a few gallons of fuel. Unlike when it was new the tranny doesn't spin freely for long.

During the teardown is there anything I should look for, such as loaded springs and such that could uncoil and fly across the room? Should I consider anything else while it's apart? I'm going to install the FOC while I'm there.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:39 PM
ckangaroo70
My Feedback: (51)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: TMaxx tranny teardown

Pretty simple. No flying springs or anything like that. Just pay attention to how it comes apart, and you will have no trouble puting it back together.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:46 PM
ProfitOfDoom

Yea its not to bad,,If you lost your instructions,heres a exploded view of the tranny.
Just remember to put all parts back in that came out,I remember I took mine all apart and forgot to put this lil plastic spacer sleeve thing,,it was melting gears like no tomorrow,,then I seen what was wrong and it was all good since.
http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/par.../tmxtranny.htm
Old 01-25-2006, 08:57 PM
SlowDriver

Thanks guys. Planning to begin tomorrow. And I'll look out for that "lil plastic spacer sleeve thing" that melts gears!
Old 01-25-2006, 09:24 PM
DaveG55

It's not bad in there at all just take your time and note how everything comes apart. Be careful when taking the screws that hold the tranny to the chassis in and out. It's real easy to strip them out.
While you're in there be sure to check the owb in the first gear. If it slips even the tinyest bit when you spin it by hand go ahead and replace it.
Also. why the FOC? Have you considered the "no buck/constant engagement" mod? I like having reverse but hated the jerky take off of the stock T-Maxx tranny. Here's a link for you if you've not heard of it or wonder about it at all.
http://monster.traxxas.com/showthrea...hreadid=268460
When you put it back togeather be sure all the parts are clean and dry and use no lube at all when you reassemble it. And again, be careful with the chassis mounting screws.