Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

revo Vs T-maxx

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 04:19 PM
just-in

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default revo Vs T-maxx

Is the motor from the t-maxx the same as the one in the revo? (TRX2.5)
Old 01-26-2006, 04:47 PM
A.B.U

Default RE: revo Vs T-maxx

Nope, one is a .25 and one is a .15. The .25 is in the REVO, which is why it's so fast.

LOL Ahh i'm justmessin withya. Yeah they're both the same engines, but one has a different cooling head. Both are a .15
Old 01-26-2006, 04:52 PM
NJ NETS FAN
My Feedback: (2)

^^lol when I first started reading your post I was thinking where is he getting these numbers? lol
Old 01-26-2006, 05:25 PM
IGOTDIRT4U

actually, the 2.5 on the new Maxx is a bit different than the 2.5r on the Revo. the 2.5r has a very slight change to the rod and ports. the obvious outside difference is the powertune head. if you join the traxxas engine exchange program once you trade in your old maxx 2.5 you will get 2.5r's as the returned engine back to you.

http://www.traxxas.com/support/howto...neexchange.htm
Old 01-26-2006, 08:54 PM
snoking16

uhhh....where have you heard that its the 2.5r is has different porting and rods???? im like 99% sure that its just the cooling head that is different. Anotherboreingusername- I was guna say you were a freakin idiot. that was kinda funny. way to mess me out!!!!
Old 01-26-2006, 09:33 PM
just-in

Is the Ingine exchange a good deal or sould I just up grade to a better engine?
Old 01-26-2006, 11:24 PM
IGOTDIRT4U

snoking16, read the traxxas link i posted. it's all there in black and white.

learn, and be patient before questioning experience.

actually, for the others on this board, here is the text:

The Lifetime Engine Replacement Plan allows you to exchange your worn out, burned up, or used up Traxxas Pro.15, TRX 2.5, or TRX 2.5R Racing Engine for a brand new TRX 2.5R Racing Engine™ at 50% off of the current retail price of the new engine. It’s a no-questions-asked deal. No matter how badly your engine is worn or damaged, so long as it’s complete, it can be exchanged for a new one at the special price. It saves you both time and money over purchasing the parts and rebuilding the engine. Plus, you will have the peace of mind of a factory-fresh, completely new (not rebuilt) engine. It’s easy and a great deal!

A new benefit to the Lifetime Engine Replacement Plan is that TRX 2.5 engines are automatically upgraded to the TRX 2.5R Racing Engine for no additional cost. The TRX 2.5R engines include the beautiful blue-anodized machined aluminum cooling head ($40 value!) and the special porting, at no additional charge. The TRX 2.5R Racing Engine is a direct replacement for the TRX 2.5 Racing Engine.
Old 01-27-2006, 12:10 AM
sk8z27

i would just get an OS engine. they are easier to tune and hold a tune better. i was always trying to find that happy medium with my 2.5.
Old 01-27-2006, 02:12 PM
SlowDriver

just-in,

I did some research on that replacement plan too. Well ... it ain't all that great.

It's $100 for a new engine, and $25 for the conversion for the older Maxx's like mine. Then you have to pay Traxxas $5 for shipping, AND pay $10-20 to have the engine shipped to Traxxas.

So, with all that you're paying $140-150.

If you go to Tower (http://www.towerhobbies.com) you'll find:
TRX 2.5r racing engine - http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXJFG3&P=ML $119.99
TRX 2.5 TMaxx conversion - http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDAJ7&P=M $21.99

Now, Tower has a special that if you order at least $149 worth of stuff you can get $25 off the order (on the front page of their site). So let's say you throw another $10 of other TMaxx parts you need then you've got your $149 quota. Take the $25 off and you've paid $125ish for the same thing Traxxas would have given you, plus you got the extra parts you wanted.

I think that's a good deal.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:44 PM
LJ NITRO
My Feedback: (2)

yea i had looked at the plan a while back and it didn't seem too nice once you read the fine print. might as well upgrade to a bigger/better motor
Old 01-27-2006, 03:50 PM
clbphllps

get an .18 tm