Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Leaking front diff

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 08:52 PM
jupiter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaking front diff

I'm sure I put in to thin of silicon, so I'm not worried about that. I'll change it, but my q for you guys is why would it leak out of my front diff on my Revo. No cracks and no collisions. any ideas? Thx guys.
Old 01-27-2006, 11:49 AM
nitroracer20

Default RE: Leaking front diff

it shouldnt, check the gasket and replace if nescesary. Also make sure the screws holding the diff together are tight
Old 01-27-2006, 03:31 PM
Nitronutt
My Feedback: (2)

You only want to fill the diff cup 2/3 - 3/4 of the way up. You need to allow some air space for thermal expansion...otherwise it can rip the screw holes and cause your diff to leak.
Old 01-28-2006, 05:54 PM
jupiter

thanx for the feedback guys. i had never thought of 'thermal expansion' but it makes sense. i cleaned up everything. looked for cracks and the seal. everything looked ok, just thil silicon all over is all. oh well. we'll see wat happen on the next day of play.