Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

4-Stroke Tmaxx

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 10:29 PM
JasonSK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4-Stroke Tmaxx

Hey guys, I searched the forum but I couldnt find any information on this.

does anybody have any info or links on a kit to convert a stock t-maxx to a 4-stroke engine?
The 4-stroke seems rather interesting and id like to give it a shot.

Thanks
Old 01-26-2006, 11:50 PM
FANTOM27REVO
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: 4-Stroke Tmaxx

last spring I saw a REVO with a four stroke, and Im pretty sure that guy had done the mod all on his own. You might just have to play around at the LHS and see what 4 stroke will fit into a t-maxx mount. Im pretty much an ignoramus ( lol ) when it comes to 4 stroke engines, so I wouldnt know what bolted to what and so on, but Id just say grab an extra motor mount and toy around with it. if you figre it out post some pics !
Old 01-27-2006, 01:41 AM
JasonSK

OKay, I was thinking somebody might have done some groundwork I could build on

I guess the first thing I will have to do is find a 4-stroke around teh same size as my 2.5 engine that comes stock and see where we have to go from there.
SHouldnt be any hp or tourque problems sicne the 4-strokes put out less power and much less rpm.

Migth be a while till I get everything moving, but I will post updates.

I just like the idea of a 4-stroke a whole lot better then the stock engine.

Thanks for the info.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:08 AM
bigroundrocks

A couple yrs ago R/C Action or some mag like it did a story on Tmaxx this guy built custom stadium truck with a 4 stroke. this was way before the public saw either of the Smaxx's. I have long sence researched it and have found nothing out there. but a couple of people that have accually put one in their maxx. I was allways going to do it myself. But im a basher and between my opinion and the LHS theres too many small part to take the abuse. That and i just decided to spend the money on a Revo. The O.S. FS-40S-CX w/40P Rotary Carb is the engine i was lookin at. My LHS said that should have plenty of power for the aplication. I think you should go for it and if you do post pics i want to see them. Should sound cool and have tones of torque.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:34 PM
Hoese37

a guy at my LHS did a 4 stroke conversion on the maxx. you will need a extended .21 chassis.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:05 PM
Airpressure

A four-stroke won't give you all the power of a two-stroke most likely.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:54 PM
LJ NITRO
My Feedback: (2)

saw a video of a 4 stroke maxx. all it did was popped wheeles. too me it had too much torque
Old 01-29-2006, 09:13 PM
Airpressure

Well since a four stroke fires in the cylider every 2 times the piston comes up and a two stroke fires every time it somes up it will most likely have more power than a four stroke. ( I think that logic is true, someone correct me)
Old 02-13-2006, 06:06 PM
kenzo_1

Airpressure, you are correct... Two-strokes rev waaaay higher than the fours, and do put out much more hp... but the four stroke, however, has some ridiculous torque (keeping in mind that the 4 stokes need more displacement to produce similar power as a two). the few 4-stroke conversions I've seen all needed some serious gearing changes over stock to keep a similar top speed. If gearing isn't changed, you'll have a wheelie machine like TMaxxJumper said.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:32 PM
pfcsymosko

so where can u get the conversion at?
Old 02-17-2006, 10:27 PM
GITRDONE

TRY THIS I THINK IT MAY HELP YOU. I HAVE THIS KIT ON ONE OF MY MAXX"S. IT THROWS THE TRUCK AROUND LIKE A RAG DOLL. IT JUST SITS ON THE SHELF IN THE GARAGE. http://www.neweramodels.com/item.cgi?part_id=134. CHECK OUT THE SITE THEY HAVE ALOT OF NEAT STUFF.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:56 PM
GITRDONE

SORRY HIT THE WRONG LINK FROM NEW ERA. I HAVE THE .40FS KIT NOT THE .26 KIT. http://www.neweramodels.com/item.cgi?part_id=135
Old 02-17-2006, 11:16 PM
JasonSK

I know this might sound dumb.

but exactly what else do you need? an exhast system is just the muffler right?

I really want to make sure I get all the parts in 1 shot, I freaking waited a month to get my helo up cause I kept missing important parts half way through the process lol.

Also, what is the biggest, baddest, best muffler out there? I want to make the 4-stroke max as quiet as possible.... its going to be used for backyard bashing.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:59 PM

gitrdone,wy do you always type in caps?? just wondering makes you sound mad...
Old 02-18-2006, 05:19 PM
JasonSK

I would almost think the .26 would be better then tho .40 for what I want right?
It shouild be slightly quieter, and, I really dont feel like ripping out -ALL- the gears and rebuilding the tranny to put up with the torque a 40 would put out

I will have to loko up both motors and see the difference.

mmmmm 4 stroke...
Old 04-20-2006, 10:41 PM
TRAXXASS

i guess im restarting this old thread because i'm very interested in this subject. Has anyone done this yet?
Old 04-22-2006, 10:04 AM
bigroundrocks

ORIGINAL: TRAXXASS

i guess im restarting this old thread because i'm very interested in this subject. Has anyone done this yet?

I researched this subject for some time before I deployed to Iraq last year. I have to say I'm amazed at the responce to this original post. A yr ago I asked questions all the time and no one was interested. I couldn't even get a reply. I couldnt find any info on a 4 stroke maxx other than a picture some guy had of one he did. My original Idea for it came from a R/C Action issue a couple of years ago. (someone did mention that) I will try and find that copy I know i still have it some where. My other findings were that my LHS said that the motor wouldn't last as long as a 2 stroke cause all the little moving parts + the abuse of bashing. I called all the hobby shops in like a 200 mile radius and most were like. we dont know anyone that has ever done that. I had one that said it had never been done until i told them what i knew. I'll look for that issue and post my findings.
Old 04-22-2006, 10:51 AM
TRAXXASS

please do....
Old 04-22-2006, 11:16 AM
beelzebubishere
My Feedback: (1)

Try using the "search" button, type in "4-stroke" narrow your search to Traxxas Monsterr Trucks....in about 30 seconds you might surprise yourself...

Sorry, hit the wrong quote button.....was responding to JasonSK, who said he'd already done a search.....
Old 04-22-2006, 02:13 PM
bigroundrocks

I'm saying hat a yr ago when i was researching i couldnt find ***t. Maybe now I'm going to look in to it. I havent found the magazine that article was in. I'll have to call my parents and see if I still have a stack of mag's there. If she didnt throw them out, I havent lived there since 2001. I'll get back to ya guys.