Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

T-Maxx Speedometer?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 11:17 PM
jjklongisland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-Maxx Speedometer?

Does anybody know if they make an external mounted speedometer for Nitro trucks. I saw at my LHS that they make a speedometer that you can mount in on-road cars and it tells you the fastest you can get up to and stores it in a memory... I am looking for one that can be mounted on my remote and transmits my speed. Just curious, I looked at Tower and couldn't find anything... You know like in Back To The Future, Doc has one mounted on his remote to tell him when the Delorean reaches 85 mph... I realize that its movie magic but it should be available by now with the advancements in R/C...
Old 01-26-2006, 11:46 PM
oc off road

Default RE: T-Maxx Speedometer?

Nomadio Sensor

http://www.nomadio.net/default.asp?ilevel1=2&iLevel2=37
Old 01-27-2006, 01:15 PM
jjklongisland

Wow, cool but EXPENSIVE as hell... I was hoping somebody just made a speedometer like I have for my mountain bike that measures the tire rotation with a magnet and calculates distance and speed. I could then just mount it to my radio... I guess I will keep searching...
Old 01-27-2006, 01:42 PM
oc off road

Just ordered mine today I used a $50 tower coupon $469.99 shipped
Old 01-27-2006, 01:57 PM
snoking16

you just got a spedometer for a nitro truck for $470?? what the hell are you thinking!!!! that is so expensive. you shoulda just got another truck or an engine and a bunch of hop ups. or somthing that will give you better performance. do you have like a lot of money to spend or somthing???? win the lotery?
Old 01-27-2006, 02:18 PM
oc off road

It does more than just measure speed, and the only hop up I wanted at this time. Besides I am not the type to trust a $50.00 raido on my r/c.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:22 PM

cant you use a gps unit for that?????
Old 01-27-2006, 06:05 PM
NJ NETS FAN
My Feedback: (2)

Yea you could but he wants one that is wireless that he can view from his transmitter(if i'm understanding correctly)
Old 01-27-2006, 08:05 PM
jjklongisland

you are correct... I looked into a couple of wireless bicycle speedometers but they only transmit around 2-3 feet or so.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:37 PM
ProfitOfDoom

I dunno,I havent seen anything like what your talking about,Looks like its either take a loan out on the house and buy that radio system,or get that thing,I forget who makes it I think maybe venom rc or something,but it just takes your highest speed,so if you made some kind of adjustmest you will be able to see if it made it faster or slower.But it doesnt transmit it back to you,you just have to drive the truck back and look down at it.
I think that would be perfect,I would think looking down at your radio watching the MPH grow,you would hear a smash at the other end of the parking lot by not paying attention.
Or if your dead set on watching it by remote or something,buying a radar gun and just setting it up near you would work,and it would read out how fast your going and probally save the highest speed.But im sure a good would run a good bit of money,,Look ebay..Hope this helped
Old 01-28-2006, 08:58 PM
superstardave9

nomadio is the only one i know of...... best transmitter/remote on the market ... wish i had enoght money layin around to buy that radio buy i don't..... that remote with the full sized antenna can reach 1 mile!!! the posibilities are endless with that remote.... im willin to bet if u give them a couple of years and they will have it so that u can tune ur truck by the remote... that would be perfect for racers!!