Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Servo rating question

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 12:45 AM
Wevie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo rating question

I have a question regarding servo ratings. They have two ratings. One is torque rated in in/lb and the other is speed rated in seconds.

Now, given two servos - and I'm just making up some numbers here for reference purposes. Let's say one is rated at 200 in/lb and .10 seconds. The other is rated at 320 in/lb and .19 seconds.

Is the torque rating the maximum output that the servo can move? Is the speed rating the time it takes to do a 60* sweep with NO load? Or is the time rating at maximum rated torque load? With the two above servos which would be faster with a load requiring say 180 in/lb. You'd be close to the maximum of the first, faster servo, but barely over half the rated torque of the stronger, slower servo.

And finally, what would happen if I took my stock Revo and installed a 7.2v battery pack? Would I hurt the receiver? Would the servos move faster? Would they die quicker?