Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

Traxxas Revo Big Block Conversion with a OS .30VG?

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Traxxas Revo Big Block Conversion with a OS .30VG?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 03:38 AM
McFrosty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas Revo Big Block Conversion with a OS .30VG?

So does anyone know if the Traxxas Revo big block kit will work with the new OS .30?

I'm looking for huge horsepower to push a crazy project and I figured the OS .30 would provide reliability and huge power
Old 01-27-2006, 04:06 PM
revopqrs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Traxxas Revo Big Block Conversion with a OS .30VG?

it will work...for a week or so! that mount is total crap, mine broke after a few tanks...crappy aluminum. the only relyable option is the qoncepts big block kit, ive had mine almost a year without probs. the 30 fits in it nicely![8D]
Old 01-27-2006, 09:31 PM
McFrosty

dang, nobody replied before I bought it, lol.

So I got the OS .30 with the Traxxas BB kit. Its almost installed but I ran into a snag.

The pull start sticks out the back to far and hits the rear upper a-arm so thats a no go.

Going back to the hobby shop tomorrow to possible pick up the 3racing extended chassis. I'm pretty sure its a 30mm rear extension so that will give me the clearance I need plus the advantages of an extended chassis.

Can anyone confirm wether or not the 3racing extended chassis is a rear or front extension or where the extension is exactly?
Old 01-27-2006, 11:08 PM
rcdriv

i figured out how to mount a big block w/o a extended chassis and you're able to use a 1/8th clutch... ill try to find some pics 4 ya
Old 01-28-2006, 12:39 AM
3Justin3

The new era big block kit enables you to use ezstarrt pullstart and rotostart because it comes with a alum. a-arm that gives u more space, but I here it is garbage quality, and its stupid looking angle.