Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

E-Maxx Motors

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 12:44 AM
mnkid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Maxx Motors

O.K......I have an E-Maxx...and well....i've been backyard bashing for about 3 years now...(not including winter) and well....i think it is a time for and upgrade!...My question is. What is the Biggest, Fastest, Motor that i can get for the E-Maxx?....and include if i need to change the electronics and stuff....cuz..i have been running stock for a while.....and i would like to have the great speed and torque!.....(what i'm looking for)......

Thanks,

MnKid
Old 01-28-2006, 01:48 AM
ProfitOfDoom

Default RE: E-Maxx Motors

I have a bone stock Emaxx my self.I use it pretty much to race around with my son in the yard he has a stampede.I was suprised or the speed from the stock motors it pulls wheelies and I think its pretty quick for stock,,thats why I havent upgraded yet.
But if you wanna go the cheapest route you can pick up some"I think there called" badmaxx motors therr 17t motors and throw them in that will get you going faster with out having to get a new ESC,also you could try to play around with pinion sizes to get you where you want to be with new motors.
Or if you wanna spend $200-$300 you could pick up a Brushless set up.The easiest way to go would be to go with the Novak HV maxx brushless set up I think it sells for liek $175 at tower hobbies,,maybe cheaper on ebay or somewhere else.That comes with everythign jsut plug it up and play I heard there nice plenty of power and speed.
But others told me for like $50 or so more dollars you can get a set up with twice the speed and power of the Novak system,I forget what they were but I dunno they said something about those were cogging,,and HV is non cogging.I dont knwo much about it,,maybe try to ask this in the Electric truck,biggy,car forum,they can help you out better.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:39 AM
mnkid

Thanks alot!
Old 01-28-2006, 11:46 AM
EvaderST00

id go brushless if u can afford it.

more speed more power less maintance.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:49 AM
mnkid

what do i go for?....like...what do i need to get....ecs, motors..i'm clueless???!?!!?!?!
Old 01-28-2006, 11:52 AM
EvaderST00

if i could afford it id buy the novak hvx. it come with motor and esc.

u may want to try the traxxas e-maxx form they have a hole post on going brushless.

here is a link

http://monster.traxxas.com/forumdisp...?s=&forumid=48
Old 01-28-2006, 11:52 AM
ProfitOfDoom

How much can you spend?
Old 01-28-2006, 11:59 AM
mnkid

mmmmmmmm...about......$200.00 (MAX)