Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Maxx Single speed Conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 02:34 AM
ProfitOfDoom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maxx Single speed Conversion?

I went to my hobbytown usa today and seen a single speed conversion kit for the maxx.
I was wondering if anyone has one and how they like it,they say its between first and 2nd gear speed wise but you just get there faster?
Also do you lose reverse,,or just 2nd gear?
Old 01-28-2006, 03:54 AM
LJ NITRO
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Maxx Single speed Conversion?

funny how people like to convert 2 speed to single and single it 2 speed
Old 01-30-2006, 09:33 AM
maxximum_overdrive

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Maxx Single speed Conversion?

no you don't loose reverse when you go to a single speed, unless you do a foward only at the same time. if your looking to race your truck, and the track you plan to race on is fairly tight, with short straights, this is a conversion that you should consider. you will drastically reduse the rotoating mass in your trans severly improving you exceleration. top speed will be effected, but i've personally never hit 45 mph on the track anyway. the foc (forward only) does the same thing, plus ost tracks requier reverse to be locked out (in accordance with ROAR rules). you will however miss the "rush" of hearing it shift into second gear.