Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

tmaxx air leak

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 03:43 PM
churchrvb
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tmaxx air leak

Hey, i ran my truck today and it runs like crap, idle fluctuates, stalls a lot, but starts right back up. i think i know what it is, my fuel tank, i have no oring at the top i think thats the problem, postive that its the problem. i tried tunning it and i floor it and it will stall. any questions,answers, criticisms are welcome. thanks a lot
Old 01-28-2006, 05:35 PM
DANTOO

Default RE: tmaxx air leak

Try checking for Air bubbles in the fuel line / insufficient fuel tank pressure. So not having your O-ring that maybe like you said,

renew the o-ring and see what happens.[8D]

Check for leaks or pin holes in fuel tank and fuel lines. Replace tank and/or fuel lines if necessary.

Old 01-28-2006, 06:09 PM
DaveG55

Well, I believe you're right. The o-ring on the fuel tank is likely to be your problem. One thing for sure, until you fix that you won't be able to tell if something else is wrong.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:22 AM
churchrvb

i tried using a smaller fuel tank from my rs4, replace the lines, now it overheats, its was overheating too last time btw, smoke pours of the cooling head, i think there is leak somewhere in the carb
Old 02-03-2006, 07:52 AM
churchrvb

I Think maybe its a really bad tune, like i read somewhere that if ur low speed is really rich its causes ur top end to become really lean. what do you think?
Old 02-03-2006, 07:54 AM
Airpressure

ORIGINAL: churchrvb

I Think maybe its a really bad tune, like i read somewhere that if ur low speed is really rich its causes ur top end to become really lean. what do you think?
Where did you get information like that?
Old 02-03-2006, 05:13 PM
churchrvb

this is what it says

"The end result is a very unstable idling engine that surges and may cut out as full throttle is applied because the over rich bottom end can disguise a too lean TOP end setting!!!"

but that wasnt it, i was running it and noticed oil covering the chassis below the engine and on the fuel tank, if you look at the screw that holds the carb in, well on the other side there is a circular dot and it was in really far, i took a closer look and oil was around it and i did see BUBBLES, i think i over tighten it too much and dent the carb neck and caused a small leak,i use sealent on it and didnt over tighten screw, just enough so the carb doesnt move under the servo pressure. well im guna run it tomorrow so the sealent can dry, thanks a lot for the help. btw i fixed the fuel tank too.

ps this is the website that i got it from http://www.nitrohouse.com/tip,_engine_breakin.htm
Old 02-03-2006, 06:38 PM
DaveG55

If you disguise something it means you're trying to hide it.
If you cause something it means you made it happen.
Two completely different things.
A too rich lsn does not cause a lean hsn. A rich lsn can cause some similar symptoms that could make you believe you have a lean hsn. Hence the term "disguise".
Old 02-05-2006, 12:39 PM
churchrvb

oh ok i get you, well i fixed the problem, i think, runs ok still needs to be tuned a lil bit more, it doesnt stall under full throttle. i might buy a new fuel tank just in case cause im seeing a lot of bubbles in the lines
Old 02-06-2006, 07:42 AM
churchrvb

I sealed the carb neck and the carb pin so im guna see how it will run today.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:33 PM
churchrvb

What are the symptoms of an engine if you have bad fuel, btw i got it running great 5 turns out of the high speed is that ok during winter its about 40 degress farenheit. i think thats too rich but it runs great, a lot of blue smoke too. i ran i for like 20 mins going back and fourth with no problems never stalled. what do you guys think?